Stars Vs Devils - CC 1/4F - 8th Dec 21

Ocko

I think it’s a bigger issue than the odd mid season change or addition.

Our recruitment is way off the levels we have been used to. Our roster isn’t a budget roster, the players signed have good pedigree; they’ve just not worked how we’d expected them to or to the levels their CV suggests.

It’s a rebuilding year, fine, everyone gets that but I don’t think I see anything in this team to build from. It’ll be a rebuilding year next year too because I think of the new additions only Reid, Carruth and Waller have delivered or exceeded what was expected. The players resigned from 19/20 season have been fine but the rest are anonymous.

BostonBart22

On another note, Is Ritchie an ideal capt.,is he vocal enough in the changing room, love him to bits as a player, it may be me but I think we could have someone more vocal as captain for a few games and go from there, see what happens.

moggy#9

We've been fortunate to have some great captains in our history. The likes of Steve Moria, Ivan matulik and Paul heavey stand out. The thing is though that there's not one single "type" to it. It's a question of setting an example. I don't think that anyone can suggest that Richie doesn't do that

Ocko

On another note, Is Ritchie an ideal capt.,is he vocal enough in the changing room, love him to bits as a player, it may be me but I think we could have someone more vocal as captain for a few games and go from there, see what happens.
Whatever other leaders are in the dressing room will still be leaders regardless of a letter on their jersey. The biggest job of the Captain is the discussions with the referees and Richie I’m sure is perfect in that respect.

Is he vocal? No, he certainly doesn’t seem that way. But leadership and management has many forms. He’s an absolute professional off and on the ice, leads by example, doesn’t really put a foot wrong and puts himself on the line for the good of the club. Good enough for me.