State of the Ice: Devils v Steelers

Earnie

Thread starter #1
Sunday a.m.
Seemingly the state of the ice is very poor. Hope they get it sorted by 6pm!!
It was poor last night - it is worse now.

august04

It's not fit for any kind of hockey. It's testament to both teams tonight that they served up such a good game on such an appalling surface. It's all well and good saying there's only a few months left and we'll be in the new gaff soon but the fans are being short changed by the state of the BBT and the seeming lack of effort by the operators to put it right. The ice is a disgrace, the sound system is terrible (speaker wasn't working in block 11, couldn't hear a thing), the monitors weren't working (along my side anyway). With the sight lines in the BBT, the monitors aren't a luxury but an absolute necessity. It really isn't good enough. I hope these things will be addressed, starting with painting of the ice etc (normally done by now?), otherwise it's going to be a long 4 months. I can't wait to get out of there.

The Ice has been shocking for a few months - it was melting tonight in a number of places and looks very thin. Somebody mentioned one of the pumps broke about 6-7 weeks ago but had been fixed! Looking at the state of it tonight I think Planet Ice had better double check!

one of the guys in there said that it will be started on the 14th of this month, i doubt it will happen but i do hope they decide this week instead

Tad-cu

We were at the tent on Sunday lunchtime. It looked like there had been roadworks behind the goal in front of block 8 and the large hole was full of water. Last week there was a slope at the other end!

d20

august04 said:
It's not fit for any kind of hockey. It's testament to both teams tonight that they served up such a good game on such an appalling surface. It's all well and good saying there's only a few months left and we'll be in the new gaff soon but the fans are being short changed by the state of the BBT and the seeming lack of effort by the operators to put it right. The ice is a disgrace, the sound system is terrible (speaker wasn't working in block 11, couldn't hear a thing), the monitors weren't working (along my side anyway). With the sight lines in the BBT, the monitors aren't a luxury but an absolute necessity. It really isn't good enough. I hope these things will be addressed, starting with painting of the ice etc (normally done by now?), otherwise it's going to be a long 4 months. I can't wait to get out of there.

sound system is shocking in block 5 it always sounds muffled and is very hard to hear the announcements during the game .

The sound system must just be patchy, as it was perfectly audible from block 13, so maybe only a tweak or 2 needed there - shouldn't cost the earth...
Don't think the monitors were on anywhere though, so missed a lot of play along the boards. Anyone know what the issue was there? Is that easily fixed?

Have Hope#35

ice pie said:
The sound system must just be patchy, as it was perfectly audible from block 13, so maybe only a tweak or 2 needed there - shouldn't cost the earth...
Don't think the monitors were on anywhere though, so missed a lot of play along the boards. Anyone know what the issue was there? Is that easily fixed?
Sound System seemed ok in Block 4 and the Screen was on all game from what I remember!?

pjj365

Have Hope#35 said:
ice pie said:
Sound System seemed ok in Block 4 and the Screen was on all game from what I remember!?
Sound OK to start with then deteriorated and there were no screens on - Bl 11

Just wondering with the ice being redone this week and the rink being out of use Monday to Thursday for this were do the Devils train?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

D

Deleted member 1337

Tinkyadrian said:
Just wondering with the ice being redone this week and the rink being out of use Monday to Thursday for this were do the Devils train?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
I'm guessing they'll just do off-ice, but maybe Swindon have some ice time free for them to hire?