Steelers for sale

Finny

I would bid £5.50, but I believe that previous purchases of hockey clubs off Uncle Bob have never gone too smoothly............

James

Administrator
Excellent news for the club. I hope a genuine buyer can be found swiftly. Interesting that its Andy French who is dealing with the sale not Unkie Bob

Earnie

Any Sheffield people reading Inferno - Beware.

Uncle Bob has the ability to sell to a puppet - and he still has the strings.

James

Administrator
Earnie said:

I did wonder if thats the reason Mr French appears to be dealing with it. To check it is actually sold and not just to Maraini

Finny

Apparently Brian Candy is 5/1 with the bookies to be announced as the new owner.

Chris McSorley is 10/1 and I'm a decent price at 12/1.

Russky

Finny said:
Apparently Brian Candy is 5/1 with the bookies to be announced as the new owner.

What about that guy Paul (cant remember his surname) who would commute back and forth from Peterborough?

kettdevil1

Russky said:
Finny said:

What about that guy Paul (cant remember his surname) who would commute back and forth from Peterborough?
Not Paul Mac?

Russky

Earnie said:

Altogether now as per Punch and Judy : THATS THE WAY TO DO IT!

Yes indeed! Make sure that its not a BP stooge brought in to 'front' the takeover while BP still controls the strings!

Russky

kettdevil1 said:
Russky said:
Finny said:

Not Paul Mac?
yes thats the guy! Took control but BP still owned the Devils name rights etc so Paul Mac was restricted in what he could do or more to the point: what he couldnt do!

steve

in all seriousness i can't see the club actually being 'worth' anything to buy.

any buyer is not buiyng any tangible assets like a rink - just a brand and the contracts associated with the club. apart from random kit and promotional stuff, the business is basically just the elite operating franchise and nothing more. in terms of the brand, i doubt its really worth much - you cant exactly attribute any worthwhile merchandising revenue to it!?!?

correct me if i'm wrong, but presumably the elite involvement is more about making sure someone capable of running the team is in charge, and not about money.

anyone think they could run a club?...

davew

ooo.... a league doing due diligence? doubt it.... how many "bad" owners have there been over the ways.....

This will surely be bobs way of placating the faithful again...THIS TIME HE SHOULD WALK AWAY AND TAKE THE LOSS LIKE A MAN.

he might get some respect if he did.....