Steelers in the .....

Devils86

Know Steve and the Welsh have a sense of humour..hope its taken as meant.tongue firmly in cheek.

Boomerang Corner (@BoomerangCorner) Tweeted: Morning Teal Army!

Just a friendly reminder that YOUR @BelfastGiants are STILL the..

Reigning

Defending

Undisputed

EIHL Champions

#AndStill
#LookAtWhatYouCouldHaveWon https://t.co/Fhnjglx3ny
Credit it where it’s due that is funny.

Also good for laughing AT anybody who takes it seriously.

Mazzoak

Figured i wouldn't bother responding unless i had a valid point with proof, and given that you've posted a 'fact' I feel this needs correcting.

We've actually been extremely consistent however you choose to break the season up;

Sept - Oct - 11 wins, 6 losses - 64.7%
Nov - Dec - 13 wins, 8 losses - 61.9%
Jan - Feb - 13 wins, 6 losses - 68.4%

We haven't hit any seriously major roadblocks or long stretches of 'inconsistency'.

In November we reeled off 3 losses on the bounce - twice, however the latter was followed by a 4 game win streak, and the former we won back to back games after.

It's also important to remember, losing games is not a sign of inconsistency.

For me, this years squad has been one of the most consistent I can remember in recent memory - although I do think we've somewhat underperformed, we've been consistent in our performances throughout the year irrespective of results.

Obviously the league table tells us that we haven't underperformed, but as i said - irrespective of results...

Consistency is always something that we can talk about, but ultimately it's never going to happen that a team goes .75 through a season with every 4 games going WWWL - teams will get hot, get cold all year round.
Temme, oh Temme.

This May be my fault as i‘d used a comma after the 11 point drop (factual) and the inconsistency. Maybe l should have used a full stop, who knows grammar experts feel free to clarify.

Interesting take on the season though......maybe winning Friday then loosing a final on a Sunday to a team that we’ve beaten regularly, then add other results from teams it gives an impression of inconsistency, maybe, certainly it was discussed as such.

Last edited:

Temme

Temme, oh Temme.

This May be my fault as i‘d used a comma after the 11 point drop (factual) and the inconsistency. Maybe l should have used a full stop, who knows grammar experts feel free to clarify.

Interesting take on the season though......maybe winning Friday then loosing a final on a Sunday to a team that we’ve beaten regularly, then add other results from teams it gives an impression of inconsistency, maybe, certainly it was discussed as such.
I very rarely use results to judge how consistent performances have been; there's far more 'relevant' metrics to work out how a team is performing.
I use relevant in quotation marks because there is of course nothing really worth measuring as a fan other than points on the board, therefore anything more relevant is highly questionable!!!

However, for me we have been a bit suspect in some areas for most of the season (despite this, we finished the season top, so clearly despite certain areas looking a little off, we were obviously good enough to win trophies) - this is no secret, you can look at the threads that people have posted on here to get a better idea but i'm sure we know already where we are deemed to have struggled this season.

These suspect positions have been suspect for the entire season, I can't honestly think of a player/spot where someone went from extremely good to extremely poor, other than Jardine who managed a very rough start but was exceptional thereafter.

I guess we have different definitions of inconsistent, and that's completely fine, that's what we're here for anyway :)

but evidence suggests our form was consistent all season, and in my very insignificant opinion, the vast majority of the players performed at a consistent level all season, some struggled all year, some didn't, but we didn't have a massive hot/cold/hot/cold cycle like previous years i don't think.

Mazzoak

I very rarely use results to judge how consistent performances have been; there's far more 'relevant' metrics to work out how a team is performing.
I use relevant in quotation marks because there is of course nothing really worth measuring as a fan other than points on the board, therefore anything more relevant is highly questionable!!!

However, for me we have been a bit suspect in some areas for most of the season (despite this, we finished the season top, so clearly despite certain areas looking a little off, we were obviously good enough to win trophies) - this is no secret, you can look at the threads that people have posted on here to get a better idea but i'm sure we know already where we are deemed to have struggled this season.

These suspect positions have been suspect for the entire season, I can't honestly think of a player/spot where someone went from extremely good to extremely poor, other than Jardine who managed a very rough start but was exceptional thereafter.

I guess we have different definitions of inconsistent, and that's completely fine, that's what we're here for anyway :)

but evidence suggests our form was consistent all season, and in my very insignificant opinion, the vast majority of the players performed at a consistent level all season, some struggled all year, some didn't, but we didn't have a massive hot/cold/hot/cold cycle like previous years i don't think.
Fair enough.

Opinions are like assholes, everyone has one.

I agree we didn’t have a massive hot/cold/hot/cold cycle, just inconsistency. ;)