Steelers new import!

Thread starter #1
Heard that they are signing a new import. With the amount of ITC's they have used this season, I was wondering whether the limit of 15 still applies this season?

This almost definitely has to be a netminder, so any guesses on who it could be?

Gazza272

scottydoesntknow said:
Heard that they are signing a new import. With the amount of ITC's they have used this season, I was wondering whether the limit of 15 still applies this season?

This almost definitely has to be a netminder, so any guesses on who it could be?

It's not a netminder its a scoring Winger with NHL experience, which looking around at who's available leads me to believe it may well be Elich!

As for the ITC thing, digging around today it appears you cant have more than 15 ITC players 'on your books' which suggests that you can make as many changes as you like, but cant have more than 5 imports sat in the stands being paid.

ASHIPP

Gazza272 said:
scottydoesntknow said:

It's not a netminder its a scoring Winger with NHL experience, which looking around at who's available leads me to believe it may well be Elich!

As for the ITC thing, digging around today it appears you cant have more than 15 ITC players 'on your books' which suggests that you can make as many changes as you like, but cant have more than 5 imports sat in the stands being paid.
Steelers fans seem to think it could be Matt Elich....or Bryan MacGregor......or even Travis Brigley - all available :eek:

Who's for the chop, then? Names named potentially - Sheppard (going to bench as assist coach),
Dagenais, and even Jono Philips although don't know how a Brit would fit in with the arrival of a new import. And what about the netminder situation - Verner is not 100% fit. :?

Request to Steelers: can you please put Green in goal for Friday night? ;)

Thread starter #5
Fair enough, seems as though its not a netty then... just thought with Verner being injured that they would bring a new netty in... leaving your backup in for a few games could put a considerable downer on your league challange!

As for who it is... I hope it's not any of them 3, all class players!

I know we now have the spare import so to speak... but with these recent signings from sheffield, it just screams to me that they are going over the cap... :roll:

EDIT: just found this...

http://www.thestar.co.uk/icehockey/Late ... 6022764.jp

Guess that's Bryan MacGregor out of the question then!

Gazza272

scottydoesntknow said:
I know we now have the spare import so to speak... but with these recent signings from sheffield, it just screams to me that they are going over the cap... :roll:

!

There is no league wage cap anymore, the clubs at the December EIHL board meeting voted against it and thus Wages are now free reign.

As ridiculous as it sounds the league have actually changed a rule that big mid season.

kettdevil1

Gazza272 said:
[
As ridiculous as it sounds the league have actually changed a rule that big mid season.
And are you surprised? :shock:

It would be a strange one if they do go for Elich. He certainly was a very good player but he never struck me as the goalscorer that the Steelers need. Off the top of my head he must have only scored a handful of goals when he was with us.

Thread starter #9
Anyone know what's happening with this now???
todays the deadline (I think) and nothing has been released by the steelers...

apparently Jay Henderson (panthers latest signing) was the one they were on about in the article, but this is not a certainty.

It wasn't Henderson. But apparently the player pulled out. Shame.

It wouldn't surprise me if we signed a goalie post-deadline as Verner's fitness won't last the season IMO. I hope that rule still applies...

Although technically he only needs to be fit for about 8 more games. Meh.