Steelers v Devils - 12/01 - 7:30pm - League - Chat/Updates

Chris

Administrator
Thread starter #1
Hey hey,

We'll be running Match Night Live! for this game from the usual location of http://www.the-inferno.co.uk/mnl

OJ will be hosting this and can be reached before/during the game at the normal address of matchnightlive@gmail.com

Devils will be at full strength I imagine after Symonds return this weekend, with no injuries seemingly picked up it's all good :)

Steelers were missing a couple of players previously, but the only one I can think of is Phillips at the moment and i've got a feeling he might be back in the line up?

This will be the 6th game between the two teams this season, the Devils lead with 3 victories to Steelers 1 and there's the tied CC game at 6-6, I couldn't work out how to put that in so it's on its own :p

Is this the biggest game the Devils have played in the league for years? If we can notch up that 21st victory we'll get a little gap between ourselves and Sheffield whilst widening the gap between us and the Giants.

Forgot to add, this will also be our 40th game of the season, that's including the 2 exhibition games and CC games, but let's hope it's another win \o/

Skippy's Game preview is up here - http://www.the-inferno.co.uk

Chris.

ASHIPP

Phillips rumoured back for this one. Devils technically 'short-benched' with departure of Davies and no replacement.
Phil Hill has a hand injury but played well last night (3 assists) and Alex had a few solid shifts.

Otherwise, against the Steelers, :shock: :shock: :shock: This game is going to be the Devils' biggest league game so far this season - very little between these teams on the night. COME ON, DEVILS.

wildthing74

James said:
Is Fisher available to ice ?
I'd say we'd gave to take him or Burrows if only to sit out any of the 2 plus 10m pens that we usually get called againts Voth up there. I guess the point of a two way contract(if thats what Ben is on)is that he should be available to ice midweek games when Bison aren't playing? Unless hes back a better player for next year and with us,I can't see where we would benefit having let him out.

ASHIPP

Got the impression from the press releases that the 2-way option with Ben is not possible and he is with Bison only for rest of this season. Tim Burrows has made a couple of appearances on the Devils' bench this season...can't remember if he did any shifts? Having watched the ENL side several times already this season, I can say that he definitely is a very strong young talent and I believe he trains with the Elite Devils. Would be great to see him make a few appearances this season - if contract allows. :cool:

drainage

Superstition means I have to post this - I am very nervous about this game .......... its going to be a tough one I think.

But we have the team, we have the belief, we have the desire, we have the skill and we certainly have the ability - we now just need the result ;)

wildthing74

Puckaholic said:
Hick's reffing this one :cry:
Shock horror :cry: I just hope whatever happens Hicks does not allow himself to become the talking point.Let the game get decided amongst the guys on the ice and not by overzealous reffing. I have been impressed with Darnell taking the Smith approach recently and letting the game get decided by the players.I personally don't pay too see the ref.

drainage

wildthing74 said:
Puckaholic said:
Shock horror :cry: I just hope whatever happens Hicks does not allow himself to become the talking point.Let the game get decided amongst the guys on the ice and not by overzealous reffing. I have been impressed with Darnell taking the Smith approach recently and letting the game get decided by the players.I personally don't pay too see the ref.
Dont pay to see the ref but sometimes they dont half spoil the view .... if this is the game that ends our winning streak let it be for the play not someone sporting stripes.

Just for once Hicks play fair please :D

wildthing74

drainage said:
wildthing74 said:
Puckaholic said:
Dont pay to see the ref but sometimes they dont half spoil the view .... if this is the game that ends our winning streak let it be for the play not someone sporting stripes.

Just for once Hicks play fair please :D
Exactly my point.Hate it when they seem to think the game is about them and not the guys that play the game.

Fubar

we done the other big 3 and we've done the steelers before. lets get it on. why should we fear the steelers? stay out the bin and we will cruise it. just remember who is playing catchup here. all we do is play like we have done in the last 19 league games...simples <insert annoying merekat sound here>

Koop11

Sheffield are a little like us in that they have solid defence and 3 lines capable of scoring. I think we have the more offensive threat though.

What has helped Sheffield perform so well this season is their PP. We must stay out of the box. One of the disappointing things to come out of our game against Nottingham was our ill discipline. We were taking a lot of retaliation penalties. We must not bite to Sheffield’s stick happen, off the play tactics.

5 on 5, I think we are stronger than Sheffield. Stay out of the box and we have the tools to win this big game. As the home side chasing the points, Sheffield will be the ones under pressure. Yes we have a winning record ongoing but breaking any potential world records is not important. Challenging the league title is.

We have any news on Steve Munn and whether he's back playing?