Steelers v Giants

ASHIPP

It's difficult to know who is on the Steelers' roster because there seem to be player changes every week.
Can't be good for motivation or consistency.

kingmo19.1

They should have kept G. I believe Thommo hasn't once matched G's return on a season by season basis. Didn't he get fired for winning the league and coming second at the Playoffs and in the CC final ?

ASHIPP

They should have kept G. I believe Thommo hasn't once matched G's return on a season by season basis. Didn't he get fired for winning the league and coming second at the Playoffs and in the CC final ?
Absolutely ludicrous decision to let G go. At Sheffield, he finally was able to show what he could do as a full-time coach instead of player/coach. Didn't he turn the Steelers into Playoff Winners at the end of the previous season after taking over when Christiansen was sacked and that team was struggling?

Last edited:

kingmo19.1

Absolutely ludicrous decision to let G go. At Sheffield, he finally was able to show what he could do as a full-time coach instead of player/coach. Didn't he turn the Steelers into Playoff Winners at the end of the previous season after taking over when Christiansen was sacked and that team was struggling?
Yep, I think your right there ASHIPP - good shout.

Would like to see G back in the UK.

Wannabe2

Thread starter #14
Yep, I think your right there ASHIPP - good shout.

Would like to see G back in the UK.
Can't see G packing up a good secure job to go back to the crap he endured in Cardiff / Sheffield, why the hell would he. He had nothing to prove as a player, he has nothing to prove as a coach. With time now behind him departing from hockey, he probably couldn't be arsed with idiots who know jack shit about hockey, telling him how to do things.

august04

Can't see G packing up a good secure job to go back to the crap he endured in Cardiff / Sheffield, why the hell would he. He had nothing to prove as a player, he has nothing to prove as a coach. With time now behind him departing from hockey, he probably couldn't be arsed with idiots who know jack shit about hockey, telling him how to do things.
Adams would be absolutely mad to touch Sheffield with a bargepole, the way he was ousted by Smith and Simms. That club is getting everything they deserve just now, long may it continue - although I do feel slightly sorry for their fans having to put up with Thommo who has been found out at last (and Simms!). What a pair!

ASHIPP

Don't feel sorry for their fans...they choose to support that organisation and, by association, some of the unprofessionals that belong to it.