Steelers vs Devils - 30 Nov 19 - League

Imp

According to the commentary, last time Devils beat the Steelers 1:7, the Steelers went out the following day and scored ... 18!

Fortunately, Devils were on top of the situation yesterday and gave up a couple of late PP goals to help rob Steelers of any such momentum. ;);)

Attention to detail.

moggy#9

Benti wasn’t even playing o font of hockey knowledge
To be fair, given the source of the goals last night, were there specific line match ups going on. I didn't stream the match, so I'd be interested in the view on Star performances from someone who did, because points don't always tell the full story.

Slartibartfast

Gutted that I didn't stream this one but the stats tell a story. Looking at the SOG it seems Steelers had the problem our forwards have been having. They outshot us 48-28. They had a 6.25% shot accuracy compared with Devils 25%. So it looks like we were finding the net albeit not from the players you would expect.
From the highlights we had some lucky bounces for a change but also put away a few beauties, especially Duggans second goal.
Incredible to hear Simmsy say in the podcast that Cardiff will win the league by 8-10 points. Such a contrast to what our fans have been saying.
Its a strange strange league this year. No team seems to be hitting any consistency yet.
I think December is going to be crucial. Whoever finds their form by Christmas will win this league. Theres no reason that can't be us.

Diablo3

To be fair, given the source of the goals last night, were there specific line match ups going on. I didn't stream the match, so I'd be interested in the view on Star performances from someone who did, because points don't always tell the full story.
You are right - it doesn't. Our lines were keeping the Steelers offence out wide whenever they could, and throwing themselves in front of the puck when they couldn't. I expect Richie is feeling sore this morning. Joey Haddad is showing just why we wanted to keep him this year, Pope is throwing some big hits, and the Brit pack are awesome.

Mazzoak

Until we go on a run I still have doubts n think we need a tweek or two in the roster.

We beat steelers at home a few weeks back and then lost 3 in row.
Let’s hope it don’t happen again
We had two imports down, watched an outstanding, yet not typical performance by our Brits. Had a goal fest at a time that suggested previous performances we‘d get handed our arses. So unless we’ve fed some NHL wonder pill, I’ll reserve my lady love of the team for when we’ve settled into a consistent performance run that warrants it.

l‘d also like to voice my opinion of those members, who only seem to post after wins, to mock “negative” posters, maybe start posting some of their knowledge and confidence of their hero’s prior to the game. You may then, in time, help to restore the reputation the Inferno once held, granted it was a long time past and it’s a tougher job than Lord has, maybe it will return one day, then certain posters may be taken seriously. And it can become a more friendly place......until then you can kiss my ............

moggy#9

Gutted that I didn't stream this one but the stats tell a story. Looking at the SOG it seems Steelers had the problem our forwards have been having. They outshot us 48-28. They had a 6.25% shot accuracy compared with Devils 25%. So it looks like we were finding the net albeit not from the players you would expect.
From the highlights we had some lucky bounces for a change but also put away a few beauties, especially Duggans second goal.
Incredible to hear Simmsy say in the podcast that Cardiff will win the league by 8-10 points. Such a contrast to what our fans have been saying.
Its a strange strange league this year. No team seems to be hitting any consistency yet.
I think December is going to be crucial. Whoever finds their form by Christmas will win this league. Theres no reason that can't be us.
With regard to the shots on goal totals, did they seem accurate? There were comments from Murphy and adey midweek that made me wonder whether one of the goal judges actually understood the definition of a shot on goal is.

Rich Best

We had two imports down, watched an outstanding, yet not typical performance by our Brits. Had a goal fest at a time that suggested previous performances we‘d get handed our arses. So unless we’ve fed some NHL wonder pill, I’ll reserve my lady love of the team for when we’ve settled into a consistent performance run that warrants it.

l‘d also like to voice my opinion of those members, who only seem to post after wins, to mock “negative” posters, maybe start posting some of their knowledge and confidence of their hero’s prior to the game. You may then, in time, help to restore the reputation the Inferno once held, granted it was a long time past and it’s a tougher job than Lord has, maybe it will return one day, then certain posters may be taken seriously. And it can become a more friendly place......until then you can kiss my ............
My knowledge is that we have a management team who tend to get it right. We tend to be very competitive and win honours most years. So I see no reason why that won't happen again this year, especially as we have a good core of winners in the team.

Not getting too high after yesterday's W but it again shows we have a good quality group of players who can and will get better and more consistent.

I think it is quite exciting that we are so well placed in the league with a number of our players playing below their potential.

And I predict a win by 4+ goals tonight.

Temme

Just my take on this game & the stats - i traveled up for this one so had the benefit of watching live.

It didn't feel on the night like Steelers outshot us to this extent; although as is always the case, when a team goes in front heavily & early on (particularly a road team) we sat back and trapped fantastically after.

The shots we did concede were not high risk shots that's for sure.

Despite how the shots look, we were the better team on the night in my eyes. A team chasing a game is always going to shoot more.