Steelers Vs Panthers Updates

KaneDevils

Thread starter #1
So, first period ends in the "other game". Sheffield scoring late to take a 1 nothing lead. The home side look a bit nervous, not creating a great deal. Panthers had one PP opportunity and looked dangerous and have had the best chances so far. Pinc playing well making some good saves in the Sheffield net.

On a side note, Simms has, on several occasions, talked over the tannoy during play, mainly when the Panthers have the puck. Im surprised that's allowed. Not very sportsman like. But then it's Simms, and he is a --------
(add own expletive)

KaneDevils

Thread starter #2
Man, this is frustrating. 4.1 now and I'm afraid, game over I think.
Start of the second and a big chance for Kolnik (Panthers) He could of lay down and headed it in.
Fires straight at Pinc. Then a big turning point. Fitzgerald, check to the head, ejected and given a Match pen.
5 minute PP for Nottingham. But almost immediately, Kevin Quick shoots the stick back to Matolora (sp), Panthers nettie,
who I don't rate on this showing. 2 minute penalty. Straight from the resulting face off, 2.0 sheffield.
Panthers pull one back toward the end of that PP to make it 2.1 then concede almost immediately to then trail 3.1.
That soon became 4.1.

Steelers are screening Matolora well, Nottingham seem reluctant to do anything about it. But the Panthers goalie for me, is hellish slow and seems to miss more than he sees. I think his blades are made from blu-tac. Its up to Fife tomorrow now to help us out. Nottingham are failing......

KaneDevils

Thread starter #4
What a fantastic game of hockey, if not the right result :(
4.3 in the end and a great effort rom Nottingham who started the period 4.1 down.
Fingers crossed Fife can help us out tomorrow and we, of course, beat Nottingham.

Darnell reffed a good game although he failed to call one of the most obvious net minder interference infringements
you will ever likely to see. Madolora hit from behind with the puck at the stick of a Panthers D man.

Overall, fantastic game, excellent coverage, wrong result. :(