Steelers woe

Wannabe2

Thread starter #1
Hasn’t been confirmed yet, but it looks like Steelers could be without Robert Dowd for the rest of the season, what a loss that would be, think he may be their top scorer, and being British is irreplaceable.

ASHIPP

Nobody wants to see that - Dowd is a crucial part of the Steelers' team. Am I right in thinking Armstrong is also out?

Devil94

Wonder what some members of this forum would say about the non reaction from any Sheffield player after a knee that has put a star player out probably for the year?

kingmo19.1

Thommo will no doubt view the injury as a get out of Jail free Card. How could we be competitive this season when my No1 scoring threat is out for the remainder of the season. Lots of spin and bull and the nieve will swallow it.

I actually watched the game and steelers played well. Unlucky bounce with 2.30 remaining and Matheson put the puck in his own net - he looked gutted. Minsk definitely looked the better team, but steelers did a good job at getting under their skin. The continental Cup is miles tougher this year compared to last year.

Sent from my G3221 using Tapatalk

ASHIPP

Thommo will no doubt view the injury as a get out of Jail free Card. How could we be competitive this season when my No1 scoring threat is out for the remainder of the season. Lots of spin and bull and the nieve will swallow it.
No matter how much the Steelers are detested, it is actually hard not to feel some sympathy for the coach and the team who are blighted with injuries, particularly long-term injuries of his players. And Thommo would only be human for being frustrated - a weakened, less competitive Steelers is not good for the league.

It goes without saying that any coach would first and foremost be more devastated for the health of the individual than the success of the team. I don't think for a minute Thommo would milk a sad situation like that with spin and bull.