Summit: Jerseys

Gospel

These arent the same type of jerseys that we normally have? They look a cross breed of Rhino type & what we normally use. The logos/adverts are screen printed on & only the Devils badge & names are stitched on. Interesting.

I do like the black & white ones but the red not so keen.

OJLloyd

The only thing that’s annoyed me about these jerseys is that I now have to buy three, instead of my usual one a year.

There are certainly worse problems to have.

Not a fan at all. The screen printing feels like we’re selling our soul. I hate screen printed jerseys. Totally a Euro league thing, totally a Steelers and Coventry thing. Should’ve stuck to a traditional stitched jersey.

The basic design on the white and red is actually quite nice. We’ve just had to switch to screen print because of the sheer amount of sponsors which ruins the overall design. It’s like a Christmas tree. The skyline on the black jersey looks like random shapes unless you’re standing a few feet away.

Gazza272

Not a fan at all. The screen printing feels like we’re selling our soul. I hate screen printed jerseys. Totally a Euro league thing, totally a Steelers and Coventry thing. Should’ve stuck to a traditional stitched jersey.

The basic design on the white and red is actually quite nice. We’ve just had to switch to screen print because of the sheer amount of sponsors which ruins the overall design. It’s like a Christmas tree. The skyline on the black jersey looks like random shapes unless you’re standing a few feet away.

Sounds like the screen print was a desicion taken by the players, Joey said they are much lighter and the guys feel they are able to move better.

On that score, I really can't argue with the desicion, even though, like you I much prefer stitched to printed.

kingmo19.1

Sounds like the screen print was a desicion taken by the players, Joey said they are much lighter and the guys feel they are able to move better.

On that score, I really can't argue with the desicion, even though, like you I much prefer stitched to printed.
Spot on - they’ve got to play in them, for the fans it’s a fashion garment.

Sport moves on - anyone remember the rugby jerseys of old!

Or it’s because they are half the cost to produce and still sell for the same amount?

I mean those heavy stitched jerseys must be so heavy that the NHL have switched to screen printed as well? And a player in the owners house, with all of his Boss’s looking on is hardly going to say anything bad about it is he?

Gazr76

Or it’s because they are half the cost to produce and still sell for the same amount?

I mean those heavy stitched jerseys must be so heavy that the NHL have switched to screen printed as well? And a player in the owners house, with all of his Boss’s looking on is hardly going to say anything bad about it is he?
The NHL Adidas on ice jerseys and off ice replica Adizero jerseys are not screen printed. They are still stitched. However they are very light weight. I understand if the boys want screen printed jerseys as they are nicer to play in. However it would have been awesome if the club could have looked into a stitched alternative as the devils jerseys were the nicest in the league IMHO. But I guess its come down to costs and these are cheaper.
I remember back in the day when Nottingham and Belfast used to also use CH sports. There were some very nice jerseys in the league back in those days .

Gazr76

These arent the same type of jerseys that we normally have? They look a cross breed of Rhino type & what we normally use. The logos/adverts are screen printed on & only the Devils badge & names are stitched on. Interesting.

I do like the black & white ones but the red not so keen.
I think only the devils logo is stitched. Having looked closely at the back of the jersey, the player name is a screen print as well. What a shame.

Kevlar68

Would have to be stitched not screen printed surely as selling to order screen printed shirts would be a nightmare what with the amount of players and all the sizes that may get ordered.

kingmo19.1

Just wondering, on the front of the black one, just above the 'O' in VIOLA there is some sort of crane ???

Unfortunately, not the greatest of positioning for that particular feature and does anyone know what it's meant to represent in the Cardiff Skyline ???