Taffy back to cardiff

Thread starter #1
Just been reading the giants forum and they are saying that taffy is coming back to cardiff. Will this have an effect behind the bench?

Gaz G said:
Please excuse my ignorance but who is taffy?
Taffy was, is the best equipment manager in the league and he was with us for quite a long time from the 90's onwards until he went to London to be there equipment manager, then on to Belfast. Belfast loss will be our gain if he does come back to us.

Gaz G

Oh ok. Again not being rude or ignorant but what exactly does an equipment manager do and what makes them better or worse than anyone else. Cheers

kit manager would literally do everything for the team repair kit, sharpen skates, tape sticks, wash shirts, order kit you name it he done it. Taffy is the best there is i know i worked alongside him for a while and a true gentleman aswell

Asset yes Taffy can tell an illegal stick from 100 m away vital when the need to call a illegal equipment to gain an advantage to win a game, also GB eq manager, if he is back very good for the team

If an equipment manager can't spot an illegal stick from 100m then he shouldn't be doing the job in the 1st place.
Has anyone heard from Macky at all? I would be pretty cheesed off to hear of my redundancy via an internet forum.

An equipment manager is just another part of the team and I am sure they get approached by teams and effectively signed up in much the same way as a coach or as a player.
Taffy is respected by many as the best in the Britain in this role and therefore we would want him in the same way as we would want Brad or G. Plus he has been on lots of teams with Stevie and Shannon over the years and was always very popular in Cardiff.
If true Im really pleased to have him back.

Kipper

Quite frankly I hope that Macky stays with the team should he wish to do so. He is a quality guy who does an amazing job under difficult circumstances with inadequate facilities and horrendous hours.

Wannabe2

Kipper said:
Quite frankly I hope that Macky stays with the team should he wish to do so. He is a quality guy who does an amazing job under difficult circumstances with inadequate facilities and horrendous hours.
Totally second that, this guy is a quality person, and as kipper says he is the mutts nutts. Its a difficult job he works very long hours, and it cant be fun being laid off when the season finishes.