Team GB on TV

KaneDevils

Thread starter #1
Don't forget folks, all those with premier sports, GB games this week.
Thursday, Saturday and Sunday I believe. :RAWK

Sheincar

Several Devils fans going over and taking our clappers with us so should be plenty of noise, not something GB fans are without normally anyway. Thursday Saturday & Sunday is correct.

KaneDevils

Thread starter #8
Was supposed to start at 4.30, I tune in with 8 seconds left of the first period? ;:|

At least GB are winning, 2 to 1 :pickle

Tad-cu

Nott Simpson said:
What channel is Premier on Freeview or it is only on Sky platform
I took this from Premier Sports own website.

We broadcast on SKY channel 428 in HD,Virgin channel 551 and TalkTalk channel 526.

We also offer you the channel online in HD through the Premier Player. Some of the online content is available worldwide such as UK Ice Hockey.

Great result typical crap coverage. As a former subscriber it was interesting to see ps lay their failures bare in a freeview. The coverage started late and finished way before the end. Im sure my non hockey fan friends im trying to persuade to come along to devils games who would have watched tonight will be slightly nonplussed at the freeview running out way before the games end. Also the commentary remains diabolical. If id heard how many shots their goalie had faced against italy one more time i'd have gone postal. Thank god the freeview ran out i suppose. I appreciate our sport is a minority sport in this country but to see it relegated to play second fiddle to sports only the irish care about and irrelavent football leagues is a bit grating.

ASHIPP

Gutted for the boys in Team GB. It was always going to difficult against the highest ranked team in the group but 2 pp goals and another late goal for Italy in p1 essentially ended it for our guys.
It's ludicrous that in the UK the national team literally had 2 days training together before travelling. They did well on that. Know it's difficult with domestic competitions going on as well but some teams in the pre-qualifiers get a week or more together.

5forfighting said:
Great result typical crap coverage. As a former subscriber it was interesting to see ps lay their failures bare in a freeview. The coverage started late and finished way before the end. Im sure my non hockey fan friends im trying to persuade to come along to devils games who would have watched tonight will be slightly nonplussed at the freeview running out way before the games end. Also the commentary remains diabolical. If id heard how many shots their goalie had faced against italy one more time i'd have gone postal. Thank god the freeview ran out i suppose. I appreciate our sport is a minority sport in this country but to see it relegated to play second fiddle to sports only the irish care about and irrelavent football leagues is a bit grating.
Agreed. We recorded it, and saw that there were about 6 1/2 minutes left on the clock, but only 6 minutes left of the program, and at that point it jumped back about 2 minutes - although the commentary was so repetitive anyway, it was only by looking at the scoreboard that we noticed! There was apparently another GB goal that was missed too...
If Premier put freeview events on to entice people to buy a subscription for the channel, I'd say they are failing...

Kal

Premier Sports are so bad! I was reading an article awhile back that said they told the NHL they were a national broadcaster to get the rights to games when they're technically not. They also don't always show games live that they have the rights too resulting in blackouts on NHL.tv and only less legal options to watch games.

There GB coverage wasn't anything special, Icetime.tv would have done a better job with a webcast. Someone should do a kickstarter project to create Icetime.GB and have them follow the boys around doing coverage.