The Red Army

Status
Not open for further replies.

Chris

Administrator
Thread starter #1

Thought this might be worth linking on here...

http://the-inferno.co.uk/news/the-red-army/

Sounds like a good step forward for all parties, with G being the link between the parties and the team hopefully it will go some way to helping.

I think John or Luke might know more about it, but the Hull fans have raised a significant amount through their supporters for the team this season so hopefully we can do the same :)

wildthing74

It was only a chance conversation with an old mate from Hull on Saturday that brought it to my attention.It proved what can be done with a committed fanbase working for the good of the team.
It would not be fair to them to talk about figures raised etc but it was certainly a huge amount that if we could replicate would massively help G and our club.All through people pulling together for one common good.
In terms of size we more than match Hull who has great fans but if they can do what they did I'm sure we can go at least one step further.
I went to the meeting with an open mind but had concerns and reservations and I can honestly say it went better than any of us expected and I believe in what is trying to be achieved.

mazza03

Well I'm a member but knew nothing about any meeting, or was it just the committee. I certainly wasn't told about it.

James

Administrator
It wasn't a 'Red Army Supporters Club' meeting but rather a meeting with a few representatives from the different aspects of the various Cardiff Devils fan groups. I didn't actually know anything about it till the night before, but as the others have said it was a very positive and open meeting. I went in fairly cynical but what I heard was refreshing and hopefully lead on good things. The meeting was arranged by Brent and clearly the club have a vested interest in a strong supporters network but there wasn't any attempt to dictate by the club. G was enthused by the meeting and I genuinely believe if we can continue we can help the team directly in the way other fan bases are doing.

His sounds very promising imo. It's all about partnership working, and not just for a bit and then kicking off when one partner says or does something another doesn't like. It's about working together, through thick and thin for a common goal. I do a lot of this stuff in my job and by heck does it work for the better!
If we can all unite under the red army banner (and I don't see why we can't) this could have some serious power behind it and go a long way!

It has to be worth a try that's for sure for the benifit of our Club. Well done to all that attended, at what appears very short notice to them. As G says it's all about communication, something which the Club have sadly lacked for sometime now. I'm sure/hope, that they now realise there are many fans out there who are, and have been only to willing to help our Club for sometime, without the seemingly "we know best" attitude which has stemmed from the top.
Listen and learn Devils management, even Bob had to in the end :lol:

drainage

Anything that benefits our club has to be worth a go ... I know Jon and Luke raise money via the trips they arrange and a cracking job they do too..... They certainly manage to empty my purse trip after trip the old charmers !

Directed energies with a common goal has to be a good move in my view .... Be good to see where this goes

DevilDom

It has always surprised me that for such a small fan base (relatively speaking) we have so many groups and factions often working at odds with each other or duplicating. Therefore anything that unites as many fans as possible under one banner has got to make us stronger and more able to assist and influence where necessary. I just hope people's egos don't get in the way and this works for the good of he club. Also, not sure if committee members in RAS are elected but that would be a good move too so fans feel they are represented by the right people.

Paul Sullivan

Fantastic. Hope it works and the Supporters of the Devils become a strong, united voice behind the team.

Just wish we didn't have to keep calling it by the name of an existing sponsor.... For me it's either the RASC or it's 'Red Army'. But I am easily confused :?

osh

Agree with you DD. Nice to see my idea being acted upon at last! :eek: ( something that others on here ridiculed at that time )

James

Administrator
Paul Sullivan said:
Just wish we didn't have to keep calling it by the name of an existing sponsor.... For me it's either the RASC or it's 'Red Army'. But I am easily confused :?
Confused the hell out of me to start with.

osh

Finny said:
osh said:
Agree with you DD. Nice to see my idea being acted upon at last! :eek: ( something that others on here ridiculed at that time )
LeADeR!
Always one step ahead of you :lol:
as usual, no views of your own on this important topic, just sarcasm aimed at others :roll:

If you ask real nice they might give you a badge!

Anyways, great idea and good to see the various factions and individuals coming together to help the team thats on the ice

Paul Sullivan

osh said:
as usual, no views of your own on this important topic, just sarcasm aimed at others :roll:
As opposed you yourself, who added nothing but claimed credit for the idea and had a dig at people who didn't agree with you.

Real constructive ;)

osh

Paul Sullivan said:
osh said:
As opposed you yourself, who added nothing but claimed credit for the idea and had a dig at people who didn't agree with you.

Real constructive ;)
I wondered how long It would take you to get involved, and yes, I did originally suggest such an idea a long time ago, nothing wrong with mentioning that is there,especially as it was a constructive suggestion. As for a dig at people, if you don't think Finny's comment was sarcastic, fair enough, I did and said so. Nice to see that he's got you as a minder though :lol: :lol: :lol:

I have a good idea to unite the fans and all factions. Cardiff Devils the business, support and back the team financially with as much passion as the fans do. This will help attract new fans and grow the Red Army putting more funds in to the coffers, this also frees up the fans time and they can just focus on supporting the team by turning up and buying a ticket.

I know it may be a bit far fetched and revolutionary but it could actually work

Paul Sullivan said:
osh said:

Real constructive ;)
Paul, I think this quote is relevant ;)

'To attempt to advise conceited people is like whistling against the wind.'

Status
Not open for further replies.