Gazza272

Thread starter #22
con1975 said:
agree with the names on here but a few more names to throw in

gary unger
glen anderson
rob davison
jason becker

Becker was with us for a season and a bit!

But I did rate him very highly despite people claiming he wasnt physical enough. I never thought that hapmered him.

Ocko

Glenn Anderson has to be on someones list! He was gone way too soon before anyone had the chance to see what he could do.

Easily the most decorated player to ever grace these shores!

Wannabe2

Ocko said:
Glenn Anderson has to be on someones list! He was gone way too soon before anyone had the chance to see what he could do. Easily the most decorated player to ever grace these shores!
Glenn Anderson wouldnt be on anyones list as he never ever signed for the Devils, therefore he was never a Devils player. Glenn wanted £1,000 per week and a percentage of the club, plus a certain criteria for his wife, it was never ever going to happen.

Ocko

I think we're all well aware of the Glenn Anderson situation. I must've missed the set criteria and small print for this thread! :lol: Whether he signed or not I don't really care, in my eyes he's worn the devils jersey, left before we could get a real glimpse of him - therefore gone too soon!

Really interesting thread...and a great brain testing exercise!!

I've not got for the best - but possibly the most obscure 'less than' one season wonders....

Netminder: Chris Newton (89/90)

D-Men: Bill Taylor (86/87) - Tony Circelli (97/98)

(Honourable mention to Jamie Vander Horst 94-95 as first reserve!)

Fowards: Mike Urqhart (86/87) - Patrick Scott (91/92 - 94/95) - Steve Condron (87/88)

Cheers,

John

tim78

Glenn Anderson was definitely the best player that I've seen in devils jersey. Just recall the 3-4 goals in his first game, the one being 2 long strides to the half way line and a smooth hard and simple shot to top right corner (that's what my memory recalls,whether that happened or not).

John 1927/1986 said:
Really interesting thread...and a great brain testing exercise!!

I've not got for the best - but possibly the most obscure 'less than' one season wonders....

Netminder: Chris Newton (89/90)

D-Men: Bill Taylor (86/87) - Tony Circelli (97/98)

(Honourable mention to Jamie Vander Horst 94-95 as first reserve!)

Chris newton!!!!!!! remember when he pplayed against us for peterborogh and let a goal in on purpose his teamates went nuts!!!!!!!!

Bill Taylor not bad replacement mind with urqhart

Fowards: Mike Urqhart (86/87) - Patrick Scott (91/92 - 94/95) - Steve Condron (87/88)

Cheers,

John

Finny

tim78 said:
Glenn Anderson was definitely the best player that I've seen in devils jersey. Just recall the 3-4 goals in his first game, the one being 2 long strides to the half way line and a smooth hard and simple shot to top right corner (that's what my memory recalls,whether that happened or not).
He only scored 1 goal? :?