The: They were gone too soon game!

Gazza272

Thread starter #1
Inspired by the thread of least and most favouite I thought it would be fun to have a little twist on a favourites tag with this game.

The rules are simply. 1 Goalie! 2 D men and 3 forwards. The only rule for selection is that they must have played less than 1 season with us. they could have left half way through or been signed half way through. Or got injured and never played again!

Here is my pick to start:

Goalie: Eoin Mcinherney

Defencemen: Weller, Sawyer.

Forwards: Brigley, Ulmer, Craighead.

Over to you Inferno :D

Rempel16

You've pretty much got it nailed on there...

I'd add two honourable mentions -
Rick Kowalski, would have liked to see more of him. Looked energetic and full of talent.
Matt Elich, not everyone's favourite, but i enjoyed watching him play.

Gazza272

Thread starter #4
Rempel16 said:
You've pretty much got it nailed on there...

I'd add two honourable mentions -
Rick Kowalski, would have liked to see more of him. Looked energetic and full of talent.
Matt Elich, not everyone's favourite, but i enjoyed watching him play.

I really struggled with the D men! I'm hoping some of the oldies like Finny will be able to come up with some more D men names! :lol:

Finny

Gazza272 said:
Inspired by the thread of least and most favouite I thought it would be fun to have a little twist on a favourites tag with this game.

The rules are simply. 1 Goalie! 2 D men and 3 forwards. The only rule for selection is that they must have played less than 1 season with us. they could have left half way through or been signed half way through. Or got injured and never played again!

I'd remove Craighead and stick in Poulsen.
I'm also thinking there was a defender who came in briefly (but it's not the small guy when we won the ISL playoffs).

Gazza272 said:

Lindman in place of Sawyer on D and Marco Poulson instead of Craighead that's the only changes I would make to yours Gazza

Finny

Lindman played the whole season though didn't he? I was going to put him down too until I re-read Gazza'a stupid rules.

Martynwo

One for Finny

Who replaced Ian Cooper, injured whilst playing for GB, at the play-offs in Wembley. He was an import, played #6 (?) from Peterbough (?)
Anyway....him

Been on the tip of my tonge for a few weeks, can't be bothered going into the attic to find out.

Koop11

Gratton came in at the start of the season and he and fellow import Trent Anderson (I think) were replaced by Steve Cadieux and Hilton Ruggles. We went on to win the Grandslam that season.