This weekend

Thread starter #1
I spent this weekend in sheffield for both our game and the hockeyfest, and though we didn't play pretty hockey on Saturday we came out with 2 points and thats the most important thing. If we're getting the points, they all add up. Sheffield didn't play pretty hockey last year but ended up winning the league and the playoffs, theres areas we need to work on but G is as aware of that as we are, and from what the various talk around it sounds like its being seen to sooner rather than later.

As for hockeyfest, the idea was always going to be tough seeing who took it serious and who didn't. But I had a brilliant time, even though we didn't get further than the semi final, it was irrelevant as the games that followed were brilliant watch for the neutral.

I was told by someone in the blaze camp that Thommo had stayed up all night watching videos and had the team in the blaze locker room by 7.30 this morning showing them and taking them through tactics before coming down here, which is why they looked so strong. As for Sheffield, this torni just suited them, on normal 3 period hockey we had them, but in this, players such as talbot just shone, and Legue had the space he needed to prove himself worthy.

Panthers, they talked the talk before hand, flew in Molin (for a very high figure it seems) and then became a laughing stock, I have a few friends in the panthers fanbase and they were extremely disapointed, so we'll leave them to dissect the team.

But my main point here is how much fun I had. For the price 7 games is excellent and the vast majority of teams were giving it there all and playing there top lines and players. Speaking to all the other fans about how everyone was doing so far was a brilliant way to catch up on the views inside other camps at this point, rather than the overall look back talks you have at the playoff finals weekend.

With a few edits here and there, and maybe a change in venue (Sheffield seats really hurt after a few hours) this is definatly something I'd attend again, and recommend any one else to. Its not just about your team, its about all the teams, and uniting and today I felt that was very much succeeded.

With me at the least, 20/20 has a fan

I had a really good time. Bit of a trek up from Swansea but worth it for the great hockey we got to watch. The 4 on 4 made it quite open I thought and the no icing really made it end to end. I even enjoyed most of the neutral games.

Maybe next time either do it on a Saturday or a bank holiday Sunday though as having to drive the 5 hours back to Swansea and still be at work, fully functioning, by 8.30 Monday morning was quite taxing.

All in all an amazing weekend and hopefully next time there will be even more Devils fans there!