Tickets on sale monday for cc final.

RTfarty

It was never going to be easy, with 100 tickets and maybe 1400 interested fans, and frankly I'd have prefered a lottery.
I think a lottery would have sufficed. Everyone knows what they're signing up for then, rather than a ticket system that was overwhelmed and only going to lead to frustration amongst fans.

Jonesy83

This really has annoyed me, to be asked for my payment information and to enter it all with plenty of time left on the count down clock to complete the purchase, then to be told that ticket is now unavailable.
If it was unavailable why am I on the payment page?

Devils86

Whichever way they do it they will have disappointed fans - although the lottery idea sounds least disruptive in terms of IT and fan availability.

If I don’t get a ticket second hand I’ll be down the pub!

Jonesy83

Apparently after speaking with the club there was 90 tickets for sale and they sold out in 30 seconds.
People being able to put their payment information in was down to the secondary coding that the ticket provider uses (for any IT geeks at there).

Rich Best

Would it not make more sense to lock the seat once committed to the basket and have a cooldown or say 5-10mins etc like any other decent ticketing system.. baffles me!
That is what happened for me. Once added to basket gave me 15 mins to pay.

It sounds like I was very lucky...

Jonesy83

I’ve entered in the hope of winning 2 tickets, probably had better odds of getting one on the crap ticket system the Devils use this sadly ☹️

pjj365

I’ve entered in the hope of winning 2 tickets, probably had better odds of getting one on the crap ticket system the Devils use this sadly ☹️
Why was the system crap?
The only benefit (over and above regular game seats and tickets) that ST holders get is first dibs on on non ST purchases. Then it was 1st come 1st served as with any online ticketing system. Ever tried for major touring music gigs?
Seems reasonable to me

Jonesy83

Why was the system crap?
The only benefit (over and above regular game seats and tickets) that ST holders get is first dibs on on non ST purchases. Then it was 1st come 1st served as with any online ticketing system. Ever tried for major touring music gigs?
Seems reasonable to me
Mate it was shambolic, couldn’t handle the traffic, I’ve been to hundred of concerts and festivals over the last 15 years, I managed to get tickets for Black Sabbaths come back gig in 2012 in a tiny venue, Foo Fighters at a smaller than normal venue etc etc and never once have I had a ticket system allow me to put a ticket in my basket, send me to the payment pay, allow me x amount of minutes to fill in my personal & payment details, then tell me no ticket is available.

So yes, when it comes to handling a lot of traffic, it is crap.

pjj365

Mate it was shambolic, couldn’t handle the traffic, I’ve been to hundred of concerts and festivals over the last 15 years, I managed to get tickets for Black Sabbaths come back gig in 2012 in a tiny venue, Foo Fighters at a smaller than normal venue etc etc and never once have I had a ticket system allow me to put a ticket in my basket, send me to the payment pay, allow me x amount of minutes to fill in my personal & payment details, then tell me no ticket is available.

So yes, when it comes to handling a lot of traffic, it is crap.
But that's the system. It is a system designed for normal traffic and, like you, I've got tickets for most gigs if I want. But that does not alter the fact that it can be a hassle - e.g. I book UK gig tickets through non UK site (Ticketmaster.ie is good). So not a crap system simply one that is not designed for this particular, one off, purpose

Jonesy83

But that's the system. It is a system designed for normal traffic and, like you, I've got tickets for most gigs if I want. But that does not alter the fact that it can be a hassle - e.g. I book UK gig tickets through non UK site (Ticketmaster.ie is good). So not a crap system simply one that is not designed for this particular, one off, purpose
My main gripe which you may have missed is the fact I was actually allowed to pick a ticket, place it in my basket and proceed to the payment page and be allocated a certain amount of time to pay for said ticket. Then to be told no ticket is available. There is no way that should happen. I understand sites crashing due to high volumes of traffic, being placed in a queuing system, like ticketmaster use etc. But if you’ve be allocated a certain amount of time to complete a payment then that’s what it should be.

The club were nice enough to call me back when I enquired about this (which was very much appreciated) and explain / put the blame on coding? (I’m not a computer guy). And said they are sending the ticketing company an email to say about the problems people have faced. But no way should I be being asked for payment details if there is no ticket to actually pay for.

Last edited:

pjj365

My man grip which you may have missed is the fact I was actually allowed to pick a ticket, place it in my basket and proceed to the payment page and be allocated a certain amount of time to pay for said ticket. Then to be told no ticket is available. There is no way that should happen. I understand sites crashing due to high volumes of traffic, being placed in a queuing system, like ticketmaster use etc. But if you’ve be allocated a certain amount of time to complete a payment then that’s what it should be.

The club were nice enough to call me back when I enquired about this (which was very much appreciated) and explain / put the blame on coding? (I’m not a computer guy). And said they are sending the ticketing company an email to say about the problems people have faced. But no way should I be being asked for payment details if there is no ticket to actually pay for.
Your gripe was not obvious from your one line post which I responded to. You have a fair and valid point.