Tidy like...

Bazza

Thread starter #1
Bit random as we are in the middle of the off season but saw saw something on BBC website yesterday that reminded me of the thing that annoys me at Devils matches - litter under the seats!

Drinks/bottles/50:50 tickets/food wrappers etc. How hard is it to take your rubbish to a bin instead of just dumping it under your seat and leaving it there?!

This is what made me remember this - https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/world-asia-44492611

C'mon Devils fans let's be like The Vapors....Google the song if you are not old enough to remember it!

Devil_Abroad

Bit random as we are in the middle of the off season but saw saw something on BBC website yesterday that reminded me of the thing that annoys me at Devils matches - litter under the seats!

Drinks/bottles/50:50 tickets/food wrappers etc. How hard is it to take your rubbish to a bin instead of just dumping it under your seat and leaving it there?!

This is what made me remember this - https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/world-asia-44492611

C'mon Devils fans let's be like The Vapors....Google the song if you are not old enough to remember it!
It is sad to say we are a nation of litter bugs. Also wish it was different.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

CaldicotDevil

In fairness, there's a serious lack of bins at the IAW. When people leave the game the majority of people leave through the fire exits meaning the only bins they go past are the ones outside (which are overflowing with pizza boxes before face off). Not sure if putting bins at the bottom of the stairs after the game would help or just cause congestion, another alternative would be a big biffa bin outside the fire exits.

Taking our litter with us is something that we can be reminded of on the big screens in the period breaks. I don’t think they utilise these enough for rink/safety announcements.

I also hope in the near future we’ll have separate recycling bins as I hate to think of how many plastic bottles etc are going straight to landfill.

Weer1

It is really disturbing to see all of this litter all around the seats. And I am not really sure that putting more bins at the bottom of the stairs after the game would help when nobody is actually picking their own trash at the first place.

BostonBart22

Yes it is annoying to see rubbish in blocks during and after game...few fans in front of me don' need a bin...a skip would be more appropriate. ..

Temme

I've never really thought about the litter i leave behind during a game - beer cups, 50/50 etc, but reading this has certainly made me think twice for this season.

More bins would definitely help the situation - the bins that are provided are often overflowing by the 2nd period, if not pre-game.

Earnie

I have brought the subject up more than once. Last time was when we moved out of the BBT. The rubbish there was disgraceful.
In many areas at IAW it is still disgraceful and those responsible for it should be truly ashamed of themselves. They know who they are. Take the rubbish home.

august04

I have brought the subject up more than once. Last time was when we moved out of the BBT. The rubbish there was disgraceful.
In many areas at IAW it is still disgraceful and those responsible for it should be truly ashamed of themselves. They know who they are. Take the rubbish home.
Surely the answer is to provide an adequate number of bins, rather than expect people to take rubbish home with them. You won’t get many people doing that, rightly or wrongly.