Belfast Giants 72pts
Cardiff Devils (a)
Cardiff Devils (a)

Sheffield Steelers 69pts
Nottingham Panthers (a)
Coventry Blaze (h)

Last edited:

Russky

IF THE Devils can take 8 pts from the next available 10 the title can be ours before the final weekend of the season. Arguably Sheffield have the toughest run in to me and Sheffield and Belfast have to play each other in Belfast the night before we play Sheffield on the 18th. That could be the clincher for the Devils as they both cant win but they can damage each others chances.

Last edited:
To me the next 2 league games are massive. Storm away on the Friday (with one eye on the Sunday) is a potential banana skin. If we win these two games we'll take a massive step towards the result we all desire. We could then afford to only draw games and still win.
One game at a time...

ASHIPP

Yes battling one game at a time. Very premature to start working out permutations and setting expectations high with games still to be played.

Tonight's games demonstrate that no team can take a night off at this stage. Everyone is battling for something.

Ocko

It's not drive for 5 anymore. We need 7 points now.
Beat Manchester, Dundee, one win against Sheffield then bring it home against Fife.

Surely it is 8 points we need to definitely be sure of winning the title. With just 7 points we could end up level on points with Belfast (assuming they win all their remaining games) and then 'regulation wins' will decide the winner.
With 7 games remaining it is possible for them to overtake us on 'regulation wins'.

youngbob

Surely it is 8 points we need to definitely be sure of winning the title. With just 7 points we could end up level on points with Belfast (assuming they win all their remaining games) and then 'regulation wins' will decide the winner.
With 7 games remaining it is possible for them to overtake us on 'regulation wins'.
Yes - Belfast max possible is 78, it's 77 for Sheffield, so we need 79 to be certain, that's 8 from 7 games

As has been said many times, just keep winning, rest is out of our control

voth26

Game at a time period at a time, it's quite easy to slip up as we know from 2yrs running!!.I'm sure Lordo and the guys aren't thinking of anything other than the storm game on Friday night which is a potential banana skin. So could Dundee and Fife!!

BostonBart22

If we finish level top with belfast or steelers it will go down to regulation wins , if still level it goes down to wins between the 2 clubs and if my memory serves me right we got sheffield over a barrel on that regardless what happens for the remainder steelers games, not sure about belfast..

Gazza272

If we finish level top with belfast or steelers it will go down to regulation wins , if still level it goes down to wins between the 2 clubs and if my memory serves me right we got sheffield over a barrel on that regardless what happens for the remainder steelers games, not sure about belfast..
We are winning the series 4-2 against the Giants currently.

Mc is the abbreviation for #7 Devils legend Doug McEwen, also known to many Devils fans as God.
It was late and I had a strange lateral thinking moment, with E being equal to Doug McEwen squared.
It made sense to me :)

Ocko

Unbelievable position to be in. We just need to beat Dundee and Fife then pick up 1 win in 4 games against Sheffield and Belfast.