To the Steelers player........

DevilDom

Thread starter #1
that gave my son the winning puck. I salute you.

By that 1 act of kindness you and your team have gone up in my estimation and my son has something he will treasure for a long time.

I don't know if players read these forums but if they do - please take note. Despite the obvious dissapoint of losing this guy took a moment to do something for a fan of the opposing side, showing good grace above and beyond what you would expect and i am making it public because he deserves recognition. Fair play.

Rich_H said:
I believe the player was Brad Cruikshank... He received a small applause from those in the area for his gesture

He was winding me up last night - but fairs fair that was a very nice thing to do. Just goes to show the man on the ice can be a totally different person off it !

steve

this is definately worth remembering. we go after all the steelers players in block 2, but truth is most of them are nice guys.

i know players like finnerty and munn were less than impressed with the organisation they were playing for, and shanker went public with the fact he was going for a salary and didn't want to leave the bison.

Gazza272

steve said:
this is definately worth remembering. we go after all the steelers players in block 2, but truth is most of them are nice guys.

i know players like finnerty and munn were less than impressed with the organisation they were playing for, and shanker went public with the fact he was going for a salary and didn't want to leave the bison.

I know there were rumours about finnerty not being happy, but i've never heard anything about MUnn?

Ger-Devils

He's an absolute **** on the ice but at the end of the day he seems to be a decent guy off it etc. I was standing not far from you when he did that and we applauded what he did

DevilDom

Thread starter #11
I wasn't with my son when he did it so didn't see the player, but would have thanked him if i did. Thanks to those who have identified him. Perhaps I won't give him so much stick when they are back up here!

Ger-Devils

DevilDom said:
I wasn't with my son when he did it so didn't see the player, but would have thanked him if i did. Thanks to those who have identified him. Perhaps I won't give him so much stick when they are back up here!
Still give him grief during the game but obviously applaud him at the end

Seem's on steeltalk they are not impressed with Cruikshank. "lazy" is one of the words some use for him.

I always remember him in a bison shirt, brilliant player, tough and can score....last night he looked poor.

This is precisey why Ice Hockey is the only sport i'm really really into, they can act like thugs, goons and such on the ice but for the most part (there are some exceptions) they are really decent off the ice and behave like gentlemen, which is more than can be said for some footballers!!!

Cookies_naughtyboy said:
DevilDan said:
Sometimes I forgot that under a steelers logo is a real person. What a top show of sportsmanship.
thats what playing for the Bison does to you, nothing to do with the Steelers :D hehe
True that but sometimes I just associated selling your soul/signing a contract with Sheffield as the same thing.

Before I get to flamed I best point out I am joking, I am aware that players such as Adams, etc etc are all from Sheffield at some point in there career :lol:

But back to the topic :) Top man Brad. Wouldn't mind seeing him here and wouldn't say he was lazy.