Two Ales and Hockey Tales (with Wally)

Wannabe2

Thread starter #1
For those who have never watched this podcast, it’s a great listen it’s produced by ex devils Brent Walton (Wally), it’s so so funny and full of great stories . Lots of ex devil players on there, Wally still has a soft spot for Cardiff and it sure shows in this great production. Great viewing.

kristian

Just finished listening to that one. The speech about how fans react to wins and losses was pure passion and from the heartfelt

Pondlife

Myers' one was a great listen. Even mentioned that his testimonial match may still get played towards the end of the season at IAW

E.D.S.

Talk about not judging a book by its cover. Just listened to Didiomete’s chat with Wally. Never liked him. I didn’t like his style, his social media antics or what he seemed to stand for. It just wasn’t what the Devils needed but what an articulate and humble bloke. I’m never interested in getting to know the players or meeting them in the bar after game. it just isn’t my thing. I’m only interested in what I see on ice but some of these chats with Wally are excellent value.

Wannabe2

Thread starter #10
Absolutely the Didiomete podcast was as usual very very good, I watch Wally regularly and love it, he could be a Red Army Member. The two most Avid Import devils fans amongst ex players to me are Wally and the Legendary Sir Ivan Matulik. Obviously no one holds a candle to the one off Mr Neil Francis.

Last edited:

James

Administrator
When we used to do interviews with the players, Deeds was the best and most articulate . Some players would be yes/no if you were lucky, Didiomete was always an interesting read. It's why he wrote a blog for us for a bit.

Wannabe2

Thread starter #12
We have already said this is a great watch, and how much Wally talks about the Devils, but the episode out now is with our great owners, and it’s a blast so tune in guys you will love it. Listening to our owners talking about much they love Cardiff and the UK. Get on it guys it’s a awesome listen.

Gavevs88

I've listened to almost every one on my commute to work and on runs. It's such a good podcast and I feel like I'm best mates with the guy now I've spent so much time in the shed!!

Gavevs88

100%, I've chatted with him quite a bit on Instagram and managed to snag one of his jerseys too. He's already said we will have a pint together one day!!

E.D.S.

Something really struck me with this interview. Franny spoke about the aims of the hockey club at the start when the new ownership took over. How refreshing to hear "we wanted to build trust in us as an ownership group" nothing to do with hockey then we want "people to have fun and enjoy hockey again". Its this fan's first approach that makes these guys stand out.
Apparently everyone gets a free team poster tonight. These small gestures along with their big investment really does make a big different.
Credit to Franny. Speaks with modesty and fully underplays his role in the Devils. He's been there from junior, he's been an agitator and been rag dolled by Ed Courtney, he's rolled the red carpet out, literally and works hard with sponsors. This doesn't even touch the role he's played in keeping the Devils alive! Oh and he's got a full time job too. Don't know the guy, never met him but even from a far I can see what he's done. Top man.

Wannabe2

Thread starter #20
Franny is one of the nicest human beings you could ever wish to meet, and if you knew his lovely Dad you would know he is a chip off the old block. They are just a very warm loving family, hard working with real morals I feel very blessed to know these guys. Neil really is Mr Cardiff Devil, he has loved this club since he was a young lad and his Dad has always been a Avid fan. Every club could do with a Franny in their ranks, he is one huge Asset to our great club and is worth his weight in gold. As you said E.D.S a top man.