Ulmer

Devil_Abroad

Thread starter #1
As it’s so quiet on here how’s this for a thought;

No news on Ulmer retirement so therefore remembering Lordo’s conversation with him last year that went on the lines ‘so, that’s it then’ - ‘no, I’d like another year’ - ‘sign here’

Maybe, just maybe.........

And a general thought, seeing how news of Paris going elsewhere happened a couple of weeks ago, and there’s no news apparently of anyone else appearing elsewhere, maybe most of the squad are coming back?.........

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

solelace84

No news on Ulmer retirement so therefore remembering Lordo’s conversation with him last year that went on the lines ‘so, that’s it then’ - ‘no, I’d like another year’ - ‘sign here’

And a general thought, seeing how news of Paris going elsewhere happened a couple of weeks ago, and there’s no news apparently of anyone else appearing elsewhere, maybe most of the squad are coming back?.........

I would expect most of the team to return except maybe 4/5 guys.

With Paris leaving, that's hopefully one upgrade coming!!

Sent from my STF-L09 using Tapatalk

ASHIPP

Layne is a fantastic experienced veteran, and from what has been mentioned many times in articles, with excellent leadership qualities. He is a class player - a face-off expert, scores key goals and sets up his line mates. Hopefully, if he and his family like it here, he will sign again.

BostonBart22

Hope your right with most of the squad coming back, very quiet on our star player HOTHAM, retire will he wont he ....

Leighton

if i was a betting man (and i'm not) my money would be on the following players not returning;

Paris - we already know
Crowder - expensive to maintain as he has a family with him
Hotham - getting married and hanging up the gloves
Strachan - going back to his wife/dogs

like i say, just my two pence worth and i hope i'm wrong on at least 50%, just based on rumours and speculation around pad 1

Devil_Abroad

Thread starter #7
if i was a betting man (and i'm not) my money would be on the following players not returning;

Paris - we already know
Crowder - expensive to maintain as he has a family with him
Hotham - getting married and hanging up the gloves
Strachan - going back to his wife/dogs

like i say, just my two pence worth and i hope i'm wrong on at least 50%, just based on rumours and speculation around pad 1
I have a feeling Hotham won’t be able to resist more ice time as he finds it so much fun (apart from the training lol) so he’ll be back

Apparently Strachan loved it here so I’m hoping he will also return

Not sure Crowder enjoyed his hockey on his return so my guess would be he’s off to find something new

Just my own thoughts - no basis

matbur

Purely speculating here, but my personal thoughts are that most of the roster will probably have a verbal agreement to re-sign but they are just putting themselves on the market to see if a team from a better league comes in. If they're going to stay in the UK, then it will be with the Devils.

jimmy snels

id like to think we'd be looking to upgrade on D and for me crowder was probably our weakest forward so if we want to improve on last years champions league performance i would start there. to me ulmer is a very slow starter so with champions league hockey so early and ulmer being another year older id seriously consider getting a faster more agile forward to replace him.

wildthing74

Smail still one of my top 5 all time favourites. I dread to think how good and how fast he must have been a decade before he came to the UK!

Ulmer a yes again for another year for me.Clearky knows his body and whilst he starts slow he's ready to go when the it matters and how many key goals did he get in the run in?

Absolute leader of men and a voice that is universally respected in the room.