Upcoming season thoughts

moggy#9

More testing is a part of it but let's be honest people aren't adhering to social distancing like they were a couple of months back.
There are already hot spots in Caerphilly and Porth. As you say, people aren't adhering to social distancing and are acting like things are normal. Things are going to get a lot worse. I can see zero chance of hockey and we can blame that on the large number of covidiots.

NathanG

There are already hot spots in Caerphilly and Porth. As you say, people aren't adhering to social distancing and are acting like things are normal. Things are going to get a lot worse. I can see zero chance of hockey and we can blame that on the large number of covidiots.
Do you expect people to stay locked away for the foreseeable future?

As someone living in Caerphilly (more specifically, Llanbradach), the recent spike in the area doesn't surprise me.

I went to my local for food and drinks last week and restrictions were non-existent. We originally booked an inside table but had to sit outside because it was so unsafe. Tables not spaced out, staff not in PPE, no social distancing measures, and people hugging. Funnily enough, they announced this week a staff member had tested positive.

There's a reason we're seeing more about cases in hospitality venues - but what do we expect when the Government rolls out half-price food across the country so restaurants are rammed and staff can't enforce social distancing fully.

How masks are not mandatory in venues where social distancing isn't possible is beyond me. And I get that it isn't exactly possible to eat and drink with a mask on - but that's why some restaurants need to put strict guidelines in place.

It says a lot that I went to McArthur Glen last weekend where there were hundreds of shoppers and felt safer there than going to my local pub for some food.

Rhyan48

Personally I think it’s just time to get on with things if you want to risk going out then go if you don’t stay in ! How much longer can the world stay on stop because of this , the flu is a deadly killer that kills thousands a year that’s not talked about there is no cure , this is the same sort of thing , there is a lot more dangerous things in life than this virus personal opinion ! The whole world has gone crazy and things in the world are going bust as it is never mind keeping life this way ! You take a chance every time you step out of the door before this came around what’s the difference! Open things up and if you want to go out and enjoy life again then go if you don’t then stay in , there is only going to be so much people will take of been told what to do and I think that’s the case now , bring hockey back and start enjoying life again personal opinion I know not everyone will agree but that’s how I see things

Wannabe2

To be honest with you I have lost a family member, and god forbid it should happen to you, but your view just might be a bit different under those circumstances. What’s going on is bloody frustrating, and is doing people’s heads in, but carrying on like nothing has happened is bloody suicidal. Young people are more immune so think they are invincible, but try thinking of others who ain’t, we are in this together old , young, tall or small we all want to get back to normal, but people acting like morons are just going to prolong it and kill many more good folk. People just need to act responsible for awhile, after all no bugger is asking 16, 17, 18 yr olds to fly a fighter plane to enable others to live.

Earnie

Rhyan48 - maybe your age is half that number and you have your views. Wannabe2 and I are closer to your number and half again and have much wiser views I think. As much as I would love for hockey to resume , great caution is required by young and old.
As you said, not everyone will agree.

kingmo19.1

People these days just haven’t got the patience to stick to the rules, so play the life lottery and just ignore the facts and gambol not only with their lives but others too. Extremely sad and very selfish. The signs for a vaccine are looking very promising and now look like being just 3-4 months away. Get a grip, behave, adhere to the rules then you’ll be safe and also keep your friends and family safe. 3-4 Months of discipline isn’t too much to ask surely !!!

Rhyan48

I am not saying you should just pretend as nothing has happened and everything is ok ! But I carnt see why you carnt do things like normal if you take the rite ways about it e.g masks / hand sanitizer and so on , but to have the world on stop completely is not good for love or money , yes everyone is in it together and yes it still exists , and NO I am not been selfish about things , I also know someone who’s farther aprently passed away with it , I find it mad how everything is COVID related to the deaths and so on , I don’t think everyone knows the full truth behind everything in all fairness ! And no I wouldn’t want to put anyone else life at risk and certainly not my family , I have worked rite through the whole situation and so have a lot of my other work friends so before you point fingers and say I am been selfish it’s FAR FAR FROM

Wannabe2

You are a really nice guy Rhyan, and these are very frustrating times for us all. But having gone this far to try to stay safe, we would be foolish to throw all that away when maybe the answer is around the corner. These are unprecedented times at the moment, but what we also need to think about big time is if this thing takes a hold again, we need to think about all those heroes that work for the NHS, putting their lives on the line day in day out so others may live, why should they be put at further risk so others can do whatever they please, there’s always others that are far worse off. People may have worked thru this pandemic, but they haven’t seen death staring them in the eyes left right and centre, day in and day out. It’s about hanging in there now and looking after each other, and not about playing Russian Roulette.

Worked in Cardiff town all day today and no one gives a crap about this virus!
Everyone walking around getting drunk and majority of the people are groups of girls and boys from the so called valleys.

Swarley

Worked in Cardiff town all day today and no one gives a crap about this virus!
Everyone walking around getting drunk and majority of the people are groups of girls and boys from the so called valleys.
I drove down Cowbridge Road west yesterday and there had to be around 60 teenagers all sat smoking and drinking in a large group, I really question the level of intelligence that comes from people when they blatantly ignore safety measures.

moggy#9

I read some of the posts on this thread earlier and found myself having take some time to calm down. If I wrote here what I actually think, I would probably be banned from this forum.

BostonBart22

Has the wearing of masks on buses or any public transport been lifted, if it hasnt travellers are not adhering to it especially buses, its not helping the situation when the drivers are not wearing masks either..

BostonBart22

I drove down Cowbridge Road west yesterday and there had to be around 60 teenagers all sat smoking and drinking in a large group, I really question the level of intelligence that comes from people when they blatantly ignore safety measures.
Another gripe took 2 grandkids to mcdonalds western ave last week, on entry sanitizer empty, few more steps and you had to take pic of app on a phone for track and trace, again not working, the distancing was ok , but from next week that place will be full of students from nearby buildings, as an oldie i wont be going anywhere near there, must say though been to 4 pubs/restaurants with the 50% off campaign and was impressed within the covid rules..well happy.

moggy#9

Another gripe took 2 grandkids to mcdonalds western ave last week, on entry sanitizer empty, few more steps and you had to take pic of app on a phone for track and trace, again not working, the distancing was ok , but from next week that place will be full of students from nearby buildings, as an oldie i wont be going anywhere near there, must say though been to 4 pubs/restaurants with the 50% off campaign and was impressed within the covid rules..well happy.
In my opinion, the best thing that we can do is complain, either via social media, or to the local authority about organisations who aren't doing what they should. Unless behaviours improve people will be complaining about not being allowed to see friends and family over Xmas.