Webcast a go-er.

E.D.S.

I certainly don't see this club as trying to rip me off. I do have a right to question value though. That's where it starts and ends for me. If it's not good value, I don't buy it. Certainly nothing to do with being ripped off. There's a hike. I wanted to try and understand why. People have positively contributed to the discussion, others haven't. It's the usual behaviour of a forum. No big deal.

Wannabe2

Thread starter #165
Blaze webcast tomorrow a friendly against Storm is £12, then when the season starts proper Blaze v Flames challenge cup it’s £15. Looks like it may be the same throughout the league.

jenks33

Blaze webcast tomorrow a friendly against Storm is £12, then when the season starts proper Blaze v Flames challenge cup it’s £15. Looks like it may be the same throughout the league.
Shame. The picture on Coventry’s webcast has always been poor in my opinion. Just too dark and blurry. Always rated the commentary team tho, I think it’s Ed Kimberley and Stuart Coles? Not sure if they’re still doing it. Never found them biased or irritating like Belfast for example.

jenks33

Belfast’s commentary really does suck, when they score the dick on the mic screams, god help you if you have cans on.
Ridiculously biased commentary. It’s usually Simon Kitchen with a current Giants player so it’s always disgustingly biased. Kitchen seems like a great bloke away from the mic but Christ he’s annoying on comms.

zoesdevil

My thoughts exactly.
I don't understand why they're not selling it at a more reasonable price to get more purchases. I'd consider myself a devoted fan, with circumstances dictating that I can't have a season ticket this year for the first time in 12 years. I'd be one of the targeted market, who would go through brick walls to watch their team play. Well they've priced even me out and if they can't get me then they have no hope with the more casual fan.

At £10 a game I'd have likely been tuning in every week, but I certainly won't be paying £15 a game, particularly against the so called 'lesser teams', so there's probably around £150 or so lost just from me. If they can afford to absorb those kind of losses then fair play. I'm sure I'm not the only one thinking that they'll pick and choose at those prices.
Agreed, id definitely watch a lot more games at £10 a game, but I find £15 just too big of a jump.

jenks33

Would love to see Aled back doing commentary / interviews.

He had a brilliant style, and him and JD worked really well together.
John Donovan was excellent. The most knowledgeable out of the lot of them and he was great at interviews. I got the impression Lordo really liked him. I know some fans thought he used to praise the opposition too much but it didn’t bother me in the slightest.

Mazzoak

If I've got this right:

The hosting and distribution is now organised by Infinity 21 who do the same for Steelers, Giants and Storm.
The standard charge for those 3 webcasts is £15 each, which makes me suspect it might be down to Infinity 21 rather than the club.

That's why I stopped buying away webcasts 2 years ago, I decided the price increase just wasn't worth it and watch NHL TV now instead of our away games with the money I saved.

It's not just webcasts though, you could apply the same logic to a pint in the bar (which I also stopped buying !)

Premier Sports EIHL schedule can be found at:

https://www.premiersports.com/sports/elite-league/elite-league-fixtures
From the small search I’ve done Infinity 21 is owned by David Lowry and registered in Belfast. I’d bet people involved are or can be traced to all the clubs involved, not only would those clubs receive a % of profits, so would those people as business owners. Pretty sure a club owner/s would be involved, as that’s business.