Webcast a go-er.

Wannabe2

Thread starter #21
The cost of streaming a game is the same whether it’s a pre season or not, £15 will be the norm. On the rare occasion I have had a problem with infinity I have had a full refund , but that was awhile ago and technology has moved on big time. Swoping seats for webcasts would be a logistic nightmare, these guys are working flat out as it is, the cost of air time is very expensive, plus the professional guys you need to make it happen. Believe me I have been in the broadcasting game for 39 yrs and our club won’t be making much, and on some games maybe zilch, it’s more of a facility they offer than a money spinner, and that’s a fact. Stay Safe All.

Pretty sure infinity do Giants, Steelers webcasts, if it’s £15 for them it will the same for us. Sure it was £12 with infinity 2 seasons ago. Everything goes up, nothing comes down if tomorrow’s game is a upgrade then it will be worth it.
Do you mean the quality of the webcast?
What if it’s only equal to the icetime.tv product.I presume you are then saying it is not worth it.
It’s ok to not agree or not try to justify something the club does you know.
Personally I still think it’s too much.
When steelers put theirs up to £15 I said people shouldn’t pay it as it’s the only way to stop the increases.
Now half the league, and probably more will be charging it.
Not so long ago some teams were charging £8
Little rant over

jenks33

What if it’s only equal to the icetime.tv product.I presume you are then saying it is not worth it.
When steelers put theirs up to £15 I said people shouldn’t pay it as it’s the only way to stop the increases.
Little rant over
As you said it’s ok to disagree with something the club has done or has agreed to. I think Infinity 21 could charge £25 and some fans would still put a positive spin on it. I don’t care who’s fault the pricing is, £15 to watch an EIHL game online is embarrassing. As others have said the Steelers webcast is good but it’s still not worth £15. And I have major doubts that our webcast is going to be as good as theirs.

BostonBart22

I think its a way of outpricing armchair fans and hoping more fans will go to live games, then spend money in IAW on shop stuff food and drinks, programmes, 50/50..shirt off back, just a hunch...

jenks33

What I find particularly infuriating about asking for £15 is the amount of games in Ice Hockey. This is not Football or rugby where your team might only have one or two home games in a month. Or a heavyweight boxing fight where they ask for £18.99 but you might have one or two big heavyweight fights a year. January for example we’ve got 6 home league games! If you want to watch all 6 it will now cost you £90 instead of £60 pre Covid. Absolute Joke

BostonBart22

But it isn’t free, it’s replacing a game we paid for you must already know that.
If we are going down that road , I maybe wrong think we are owed 4 games, heard that from a few seson tkt holders, tbh wasnt expecting refunds or free games , rather the club have it especially what owners and staff been through to keep the devils afloat in the pandemic. roll on saturday...HOCKEY IS BACK...

Wannabe2

Thread starter #33
Little rant over
None of us should presume as we usually get it wrong, I didn’t say anything detrimental about Ice Time why would I they have been a massive plus for our club for many years, and it’s certainly fine to disagree with some club’s decisions, I am trying to justify my thoughts like your doing with yours. You think it’s too much that’s also fine that’s your perogative, and you don’t have to pay it, you wanted people to not pay the asking price as you say, now half the league is paying it. As for clubs charging £8 not so long ago put a date on that statement and we usually lost a lot of the game due to cheap poor apparatus. At the end of the day you have your views and they are valuable opinions, but so are others and at least it keeps the conversation going. Stay Safe All.

Wannabe2

Thread starter #34
If we are going down that road , I maybe wrong think we are owed 4 games, heard that from a few seson tkt holders, tbh wasnt expecting refunds or free games , rather the club have it especially what owners and staff been through to keep the devils afloat in the pandemic. roll on saturday...HOCKEY IS BACK...
I ain’t going down any road I was responding to a comment that said we were having this game for free, like yourself I wasn’t expecting anything yes we did lose 4 games but I was happy to receive nothing like yourself. I bought 5 season tickets last time around so lost 20 games in one way but that wasn’t anyone’s fault, and was only to pleased like many others to let my season ticket money roll over to to the day we could all return. We all have our own views and thankfully they are different otherwise we wouldn’t have anything to say. Stay Safe All.

None of us should presume as we usually get it wrong, I didn’t say anything detrimental about Ice Time why would I they have been a massive plus for our club for many years, and it’s certainly fine to disagree with some club’s decisions, I am trying to justify my thoughts like your doing with yours. You think it’s too much that’s also fine that’s your perogative, and you don’t have to pay it, you wanted people to not pay the asking price as you say, now half the league is paying it. As for clubs charging £8 not so long ago put a date on that statement and we usually lost a lot of the game due to cheap poor apparatus. At the end of the day you have your views and they are valuable opinions, but so are others and at least it keeps the conversation going. Stay Safe All.
I think you have slightly misunderstood my first point
You said “if it’s an upgrade it’ll be worth it”
When I ask that if it’s only equal to icetime is it not worth it, I mean the £5 increase.
I’m not knocking icetime and not saying you are either.
Think they were second only to steelers
I’m just gutted it’s gone up so much as it will prevent me from watching it regularly, and that is something I have to deal with

Wannabe2

Thread starter #36
I think you have slightly misunderstood my first point
You said “if it’s an upgrade it’ll be worth it”
When I ask that if it’s only equal to icetime is it not worth it, I mean the £5 increase.
I’m not knocking icetime and not saying you are either.
Think they were second only to steelers
I’m just gutted it’s gone up so much as it will prevent me from watching it regularly, and that is something I have to deal with
My bad mate and I apologise for that mate, at the end of the day we all want what’s best for us and what’s best for the club. As you say Steelers webcast was something else.

If we are going down that road, and for the sake of completeness, there will be season ticket holders that lost those games and, for a variety of reasons (affordability, covid/health, unable to make Saturday games, work commitments, etc), are simply not in a position to be able to have renewed their STs this year. These fans have not been offered complimentary tickets. I'm sure it is a simple oversight in the exceptional circumstances we find ourselves in.

BostonBart22

If we are going down that road, and for the sake of completeness, there will be season ticket holders that lost those games and, for a variety of reasons (affordability, covid/health, unable to make Saturday games, work commitments, etc), are simply not in a position to be able to have renewed their STs this year. These fans have not been offered complimentary tickets. I'm sure it is a simple oversight in the exceptional circumstances we find ourselves in.
For the sake of completeness again, NEW season ticket holders are getting free pre season games as well as the ones who were owed 4 games, so has that gone up to 6, as i said not bothered about refunds free games I am just happy to be back watching ice hockey.... enjoy the season all just in case another pandemic is around the corner..

I might be in the minority but I don't think 15 quid is too bad, it's still cheaper than a single ticket. If I watch it with my family it's still only 15 quid. I take my family to the game it's 60 quid minimum. Yeah I get the argument you don't get the atmosphere etc but I think the only way to get cheaper now would be a league wide subscription. Personally I think that would be the better way to go, say 30 quid a month and access to all games, would obviously mean Mr Black getting on board with technology which might be a tall ask haha

jenks33

I might be in the minority but I don't think 15 quid is too bad, it's still cheaper than a single ticket. If I watch it with my family it's still only 15 quid. I take my family to the game it's 60 quid minimum. Yeah I get the argument you don't get the atmosphere etc but I think the only way to get cheaper now would be a league wide subscription. Personally I think that would be the better way to go, say 30 quid a month and access to all games, would obviously mean Mr Black getting on board with technology which might be a tall ask haha
I respect your opinion but going to a game and watching a game online is night and day in my opinion. The fact you can buy a ticket for £16 but to watch online is £15 is wrong.