What happened to the anthem tonight

nicky27

Thread starter #1
Where did that soundtrack come from? Sounds like it needed winding up! ! Would rather sing it ourselves!!!

Tad-cu

What was that?
Possibly the worst rendition of the anthem since former government minister John Redwood had a go on tv and ended up looking like Mr Bean. Perhaps we could have our cat next time, she'd be better than what we had tonight!

Foxy

Totally agree i found that rendition completely offensive......... count us in we;ll sing it ourselves.

Music overalll tonight including goal music was dire.............

pjj365

Foxy said:
Totally agree i found that rendition completely offensive......... count us in we;ll sing it ourselves.

Music overalll tonight including goal music was dire.............
+1 and the above quote is mild compared to what was said at the end of 2nd period by those outside

jimmy snels

That anthem rendition fell somewhere between funeral and offensive. Unbelievable that was allowed to even be made let alone played in a public place :oops:

I agree with all the comments. Apparently a student opera singer was due to sing it but never turned up. Just hope we never have that version again!!!

pjj365

shoes_off said:
I agree with all the comments. Apparently a student opera singer was due to sing it but never turned up. Just hope we never have that version again!!!
Not sure this is a good idea just think of some of the operatic renditions over the years at rugby and footballl
How about a male vocice choir record

ASHIPP

Shocking. Sounded like an infants schoolband. And at our season opening game.

The Club can't be serious about this. This is our National Anthem. It is very important to the fans to hear the best version possible...and sing along to it.

Neither happened tonight.

Why can't we see if Paul Sulivan will record him singing it and that is played each match the last 2 weeks anthem has been terrible where as when Paul sang it it felt very patriotic.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

august04

Is Paul Sullivan still part of the match night team? I notice from his Twitter account that he's done some Swindon games I think.

He is part of the Swindon match night team now but he made a comment on Twitter the other day that made it sound like he may still do some of the Devils matches. Surely if Todd asked him to he would do it for us wouldn't he?? It's not the same without him on the music and singing the anthem.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Devil94

I would rather no anthem at all to that, the worst thing I've ever been misfortunate enough to hear. And the entrance was bad also, usually gets me pumped up but the music was quiet and turned off early, and the lights were turned on before half the team were on the ice. Needs to change asap.

Jones72

Devil94 said:
the entrance was bad also, usually gets me pumped up but the music was quiet and turned off early, and the lights were turned on before half the team were on the ice. Needs to change asap.
The entrance may well have been impacted by the fact that things were running late?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk.

The anthem and playlist were awful, the anthem killed the atmosphere right at the start come on Todd im sure your wife will know what to do..............
:lol:

mazza03

I and a few others sent a tweet to @cardiffdevils (I sent a few about the music) it's the way to let them know straight away what is wrong. The antem was the worst I've heard in my 25 years of hockey,when they played over us chanting I also tweeted them and the goal music. Shame because it put a damper on the night. :DWD :DWD