What the hell!

pjj365

IceGear Design is a German company and they will make individual or team sets jerseys. Their site shows 25 examples - many sort of familiar mash ups.

This is not one of their examples so could be someone playing with design

Kevlar68

Thread starter #7
Not sure what league they're in or its a street hockey team not ice hockey. They have sponsors on the shirt so it's not a one off individual design.

s-l400.jpg

Last edited:
Wondering if it was maybe a bad nauheim jersey, looking online they are known or atleast have been in the past as the red devils. Incidentally Ritchies new team (he's a devil through and through)

Kevlar68

Thread starter #14
Ok, lets round up all these shirt suppliers, get them in the dock and take them for all they got ;)

They must check for copyright before they proof check and print them surely?

I came up with a shirt idea for the Devils for a legends jersey collection (the shirt on my profile) with Owayo Ice Hockey supplier, i wanted to get 2 made to put forward to the Devils Org and they wouldn't make it without written permission from the Devils Org as they had checked themselves if the logo was already in use. Shouldn't the other suppliers have done the same?

Devils jersey (1).png

Last edited:

moggy#9

Oh dear. Looks like a nailed on infringement of IP copyright!
I'm not sure that going after rec or junior teams would really do us much good. The publicity could end up being quite negative for the team's brand and reputation. Far better to reach out, particularly to the junior team, and wish them well. After all, it's not like teams in the UK are innocent in that regard. Streatham and Peterborough used Chicago and Philadelphia NHL logos, and then there's Guildford. They don't even have the defence of not being a professional team.

Kevlar68

Thread starter #16
No your right it's not the teams themselves fault but the shirt manufacturers shouldn't have printed them and should have checked for copyright like Owayo did.
Guildford logo is similar to Calgary not identical as its G not a C and the flame licks are different but the 2 shown of the Devils are identical apart from the bunny ears.
No point in having copyright if your logo just gets used by other teams, it may be 2 minor teams now but then there's one more and then another so where do you stop ? If they'd asked Devils Org permission then that's a different story.

moggy#9

No your right it's not the teams themselves fault but the shirt manufacturers shouldn't have printed them and should have checked for copyright like Owayo did.
Guildford logo is similar to Calgary not identical as its G not a C and the flame licks are different but the 2 shown of the Devils are identical apart from the bunny ears.
No point in having copyright if your logo just gets used by other teams, it may be 2 minor teams now but then there's one more and then another so where do you stop ? If they'd asked Devils Org permission then that's a different story.
I take your point with regards to the infringement, but it's not like the club is going to sue tiny clubs that probably struggle for money anyway. Of course, if those organisations then started selling merchandise to make money off take on a while different complexion. Even if Guildford's logo is slightly different, it's still a lazy rip off in my book.

Kevlar68

Thread starter #18
As i said NOT the clubs, the manufacturers. The clubs are innocent of just using the logo without even thinking of copyright the same as me when i designed that shirt, a manufacturer should know different.
With the clubs it would just be a cease and desist letter if they didn't want the logo being used not a court case.

Last edited:

kingmo19.1

Hardly worth the time and effort in my opinion. It’s extremely unlikely that the use of those ‘fake’ shirts are going to financially hurt the club in any way or form.

Kevlar68

Thread starter #20
I'm not sure how big ice gear and the other manufacturer are.
Again it would only financially hurt the club if it was a manufacturer making knock off cardiff shirts, it's just the fact you pay for copyright so someone else can't use your design. If a manufacturer is using your design without your permission then it's pointless having copyright.
I used the Jack Daniels outline of the logo for my Rock T-shirts and asked Jack Daniels permission just to use the outline nothing else but even though i only sold them from my bar on a small island in Greece and wouldn't effect them financially anyway what so ever they still said no due to copyright law.
Anyway, the youth side now only use the lettering "Devils" and have removed the face.
-pZnf1ts.jpeg

Last edited: