Why can't we have this?!

Thread starter #1
I've just been on the Rockford Icehogs website and saw the following deal: 4 tickets, 4 sodas, 4 hot dogs and 4 popcorns for $44 (which is £7 per person). What a deal! Why can't we have these types of deals?!!

Gazza272

El Supremo said:
I've just been on the Rockford Icehogs website and saw the following deal: 4 tickets, 4 sodas, 4 hot dogs and 4 popcorns for $44 (which is £7 per person). What a deal! Why can't we have these types of deals?!!

Because we would go bust within 3 months? Oh that and we would have to agree the fooding prices with Planet ice who probably wouldnt go for it as it would hurt thier profit margins quite substantially as well? And we have no TV revenue coming in like Rockford probably have to supplement the loss, and we dont have as good money from sponsership. And Rockford probably get some sort of deal with being affilited with the NHL teams as well.

Other than all that lets go for it :lol:

How much is travel to Rockford from Cardiff? I should imagine that would put the price up a little bit.....

Why don't you fly out there and watch them, I'll pay the few extra quid and save on travel!

M.I.O. B.I.N.

D.A.

Thread starter #4
Gazza272 said:
El Supremo said:

Because we would go bust within 3 months? Oh that and we would have to agree the fooding prices with Planet ice who probably wouldnt go for it as it would hurt thier profit margins quite substantially as well? And we have no TV revenue coming in like Rockford probably have to supplement the loss, and we dont have as good money from sponsership. And Rockford probably get some sort of deal with being affilited with the NHL teams as well.

Other than all that lets go for it :lol:
I know we cannot offer deals like that - it was a tongue in cheek comment. However, I still think that what we have to pay to watch the Devils is a rip off.

Gazza272

El Supremo said:
[

I know we cannot offer deals like that - it was a tongue in cheek comment. However, I still think that what we have to pay to watch the Devils is a rip off.

I honestly wasnt sure, it crossed my mind it might be a tongue in cheek comment. Sadly El i feel your reputation went against you :lol:

Price is always a person to person thing. Personally i dont think many things i go to represent the value for money a night at the hockey does, i get to see a lot of good mates and i get a garaunteed 60 minutes of play, with extras if there is a good scuffle etc. It's a covered venue so barring the extreme the games wont be cancelled, and i'll be fairly warm when i'm in there (ok that last bit is a stretch :lol: )

I'ed take it over most other sports in Cardiff, i got ot Cardiff City now and again for £15 but i never feel as entertained as i do at the hockey, especially when you add in the overall product of the match night and not just the game.

But as i say its horses for courses not everyone will feel the same as me, but attendences are up this season, so a lot of new folk must think the same.

El Supremo said:
Then don't go ;) Oh I forgot you don't that often :lol:

Thread starter #7
Gazza272 said:
El Supremo said:
[

I honestly wasnt sure, it crossed my mind it might be a tongue in cheek comment. Sadly El i feel your reputation went against you :lol:

Price is always a person to person thing. Personally i dont think many things i go to represent the value for money a night at the hockey does, i get to see a lot of good mates and i get a garaunteed 60 minutes of play, with extras if there is a good scuffle etc. It's a covered venue so barring the extreme the games wont be cancelled, and i'll be fairly warm when i'm in there (ok that last bit is a stretch :lol: )

I'ed take it over most other sports in Cardiff, i got ot Cardiff City now and again for £15 but i never feel as entertained as i do at the hockey, especially when you add in the overall product of the match night and not just the game.

But as i say its horses for courses not everyone will feel the same as me, but attendences are up this season, so a lot of new folk must think the same.
I think the two main reasons that I don't like paying £14.50 to see a game are: 1) I used to pay £10 to see the same game as a student (which I was happy paying) and 2) My friends told me after coming back from Canada how they paid $10 to see a Marlies game. I appreciate that some people will be happy with the price but for me it's just a little too high (drop it to £10-12 and I'd be much more willing to go every week).

Gazza272

El Supremo said:
[q
I think the two main reasons that I don't like paying £14.50 to see a game are: 1) I used to pay £10 to see the same game as a student (which I was happy paying) and 2) My friends told me after coming back from Canada how they paid $10 to see a Marlies game. I appreciate that some people will be happy with the price but for me it's just a little too high (drop it to £10-12 and I'd be much more willing to go every week).

Is it always 14.50 for adults? I thought that was the walk up price? and it was 13 quid if you bought before the day of the game?

El Supremo said:
And now you are not a student can we therefore assume that you are financially better off having gained some employment?

steve

interesting point Phil, but stay on topic please - which if i'm reading what El says right, is about match night promotions etc.

El Supremo said:
1. Your not a student anymore, so you pay full wack.
2. EVERYTHING in america is cheaper than in the UK, i would say £13/£14.50 is about right.

Sorry to take it slightly off topic again, but I would sum it up like this.

The value for money of a Devils ticket is very good compared with sport in the UK.

However, prices for watching sport in the UK are a rip off.

There's been a it of debate about why the regions' rugby crowds have been so poor recently, but I haven't seen anyone state the obvious that it is way over-priced. I paid £25 to watch the Blues in the heineken Cup and as a result probably won't attend another game this season. If it was £10 quid a time I'd probably go to every home game and a fair few if it was £15.

I appreciate this is the same price as a Devils ticket, but we're obviously a minority sport so don't have the popularity of rugby and soccer.

In contrast, when i was in Australia I paid about £7 for a days' test cricket (all be it against Zimbabwe) - Australia's national sport!

If you're totally in to your team people will pay, but attracting casual fans to a few games a year(which every sport bar premiership soccer needs) won't happen with the current price structure.

The Devils are in a position where they can achieve a near full arena each week at the current prices and it probably wouldn't make sense to significantly drop prices (although I think a small drop would have meant we'd have sold out more which we need heading into the new bigger arena)

Hopefully when the new arena comes, they don't do as the Blues have done in refusing to drop prices and ending up with a half full stadium of people paying silly money for a game of sport.