x-bar challenge

dave

Thread starter #1
I am sure I heard something about a crossbar challenge starting soon but missed the email address to conatct to enter/get more details.
Did anyone hear it or have found out more about it????
Could be a good fun..

dave said:
I am sure I heard something about a crossbar challenge starting soon but missed the email address to conatct to enter/get more details.
Did anyone hear it or have found out more about it????
Could be a good fun..

yeah it would be good fun, anyone know anything about it?

I'm technically crap... I can't find it

I presume its a take off of the football thing on saturday morning Sky Sports? only with sticks & pucks :D

ah just had a look and it mentions the x-bar challenge and that they will be looking for volunteers "so keep your eyes open" but no actual details

new facebook update today:
"Hi Devils fans,

Got a few things to update you on.

Firstly, check out the Devils website on www.cardiffdevils.com to see the latest artwork advertising the Belfast game on Sunday. This will also be available soon in downloadable form so you can print it off and advertise the games at home and at work.

We will also soon be printing some of these in a generic, larger format poster (A2) so if you have a permanent, high-profile spot at work / school etc you will be able to pick one up from the Devils office and proudly display it !

Next up is the X-bar challenge. We are looking for volunteers to take part. It's a simple idea - we give you a stick and a puck, and you try to hit either the X-bar or the uprights of the goal from the Blueline area. If you do you win a unique X-bar challenge t-shirt and a goodie bag (with other prizes to follow). If you or a group of your friends would like to take part then email info@cardiffdevils.com

Remember - you have to be at the game in order to take part !

The Hallowe'en party plans are in full swing. The party will be at Callaghan's bar (in Cardiff Holiday Inn) on Monday, 27th October, from 7pm. more details will be in the programmes, on here, on the website and of course on Devils TV at Hockey night in Cardiff. We will be pricing the tickets very reasonably and we hope to have food and drink specials, live entertainment, games for the younger Devils fans and we will be raising money for our main charity for the season, Zara and Friends (in conjunction with Bobath Cymru).

We'll be having lots happening at future Devils games - appearances by the Wales GB Rally car, the new DCF van, cheerleaders, celebrities, more live entertainment and theme nights.
In addition, in the coming months we have some very exciting plans involving lighting, sound, brand new and original video montages and promos of your Cardiff Devils and more.We will also be changing and imrpvoing a lot of the Devils TV graphics. The guys at Comms Creative are outdoing themselves and their ideas are constantly blowing us away. Watch this space !

If you have any ideas or have always wanted to see something at a match then once again mail info@cardiffdevils.com or contact our productions manager Paul Sullivan on paul@cardiffdevils.com, it's your Hockey Night in Cardiff. We welcome all feedback and comments and always try to make time for the Devils fans to talk to us directly.

Thanks again for your continued support,

The Cardiff Devils."

Hope that helps :)

dave said:
Who is up for an inferno team to enter?!!!!!!!
Excellent Idea! (This isn't me volunteering) Perhaps first refusal should perhaps go to the guys who brought the inferno back? (and yourself for suggesting it)

Thoughts?

dave

Thread starter #12
If the inferno lads were up for it then that would be a good plan.
I could not hit a barn door with a bango at the moment so will wait a few weeks and get practicing!!!

dave

Thread starter #16
Just had a reply from an email I sent into the office.
Jist of the email was:

They are looking for 3 volunteers to try the challenge this Sunday.
Anyone to hit a post or cross bar from just beyond the blue line will
win a Devils goodie bag.
Can be a team of 3 or individuals.
If more than 3 apply they will be asked to take part the following week etc

I am away soo thought I would post it here.

Just email info@cardiffdevils to enter.