Xmas party

Status
Not open for further replies.

Finny

Sheincar said:
Prior to last year, the income received from 50/50, membership, social events, travel & any merchandise was used to fund activities throughout the year and any profits were handed over to the juniors. Last season the only income CDSL had was from membership & a few social events & therefore made no money.
Which is what I thought. All profits that CDSL made went to the club anyway.

Finny

Re: Re: Xmas party

TheStub said:
Even the play off tickets were run better before CDSL did them.
From my experience I have to disagree with you strongly there. I haven't had playoff tickets for the last couple of years but when I did go I always booked through CDSL and the organisation of it was excellent. The years I was on the CDSL board made me appreciate how much work Mags and her helpers did with very little thanks and the usual suspects complaining.

IIRC the year it was taken off CDSL and run by someone else it was a mess? Didn't they then bring Mags back in to help them the following season?

James

Administrator
Wannabe2 said:
Mags and CDSL did a great job, always very professional, polite, and efficient, seems daft these guys are no longer around.
Absolutely. It would be great to see a strong supporters club again.

wildthing74

Thread starter #25
To me I don't really care who runs any kind of supporters group as long as we have one.From speaking to a good friend of mine last night,there seems to be something about to take shape.
This thread was not started to cause any slanging,was just a genuine question that I wanted answered as time was running out before Christmas.
I'm sure the club and Paul Ragan in particular have the club's interests at heart.I guess there is so much going on behind the scenes,especially pushing the rink through etc that other things maybe take longer to take shape.
I am happy to put my name forward to help promote/sell any events that the club are happy to endorse and as is Mrs Wildthing.
We all want a happy,successful forward moving club at the end of the day.Hopefulluy any politics can be put to bed and the club moves on with a new owner that is taking us in the direction.

osh

Wildthing74. As suggested to sheincar, why not give Simon - or whoever you think may be able to help at the office - a ring, and ask them directly ? Who knows, they may well be glad of your offer to help organise such a party, and they may not even be aware that this topic is being discussed on this forum.

wildthing74

Thread starter #27
osh said:
Wildthing74. As suggested to sheincar, why not give Simon - or whoever you think may be able to help at the office - a ring, and ask them directly ? Who knows, they may well be glad of your offer to help organise such a party, and they may not even be aware that this topic is being discussed on this forum.
Already done so.Just trying to chill this thread out a bit.

osh

wildthing74 said:
osh said:
Already done so.Just trying to chill this thread out a bit.
Tidy. What did they say ?

osh

wildthing74 said:
Were very receptive to ideas.asked what fans are likely to want?Hopefully looking to get it sorted

Excellent, glad you got through and had a positive response. God help the club if they go ahead and do something, but choose a venue that doesn't meet with everyone's approval ! :shock:

Earnie

BBW is right

CDSL still exits but is limited in its ability to function effectively without the support of Cardiff Devils Management

wildthing74

Thread starter #32
osh said:
wildthing74 said:
Were very receptive to ideas.asked what fans are likely to want?Hopefully looking to get it sorted

Excellent, glad you got through and had a positive response. God help the club if they go ahead and do something, but choose a venue that doesn't meet with everyone's approval ! :shock:
Going to leave it up to them.Ultimatley they have say of what can happen with players etc but last thing I wanted was people falling out over this and I think maybe I opened a can of worms.

Status
Not open for further replies.