Yes today- No tomorrow

Wannabe2

Thread starter #1
How many of you guys are like me, today I am positive, tomorrow I am negative, it’s like a roller coaster ride. One minute I think there Defo won’t be a season this season, then the way things are moving forward I think 16 weeks time it certainly could happen. It’s certainly true that no one really has a clue, and things can change overnight, so is this thing something we have to learn to live with, my heart obviously says come on let’s happen, then my head says sorry butt it ain’t.

Diafol

I'm much the same.
The bigger question for me though:
If there is no 20/21 season, will there be any clubs still in business for 21/22 ?

Rhyan48

It has been a rollercoaster ride mate but , I’m not saying that we are anywhere near the end of the virus but it’s one of them things we are going to have to live with just like the flu , I’m pritty confident that by October early November there will be a season , things change yes but this is not the 1st wave we are in the second wave personally I am 99% sure we will have hockey this season early November at the latest

Mazzoak

Maybe take a bit of a step back from hockey, it’s sounds like you’ve got a bit of an addiction issue. If it’s causing you to have mode swings in this manner, that’s not good. Your hobby is possibly masking underlying issues that need to be addressed. I don’t go to every game, sometimes for various reasons, time mainly, have other stuff going on, so l couldn’t give a monkies when or if the season starts. Take this break to find something else, maybe continue with it when the games return, that should help take away those high and low feelings and thoughts. Mental health is no joke, we all at some point in our lives need to reboot, reassess and change.

Wannabe2

Thread starter #8
My hockey addiction has been going on now for 34 yrs, so I am a hopeless case thankfully, another 34 would be good but very unlikely. Thanks for the negative advice I tried bat watching last night and fell asleep, or was it watching City v Fulham that certainly seen me off. Anyway my advice Happy Hockey Days.

august04

My hockey addiction has been going on now for 34 yrs, so I am a hopeless case thankfully, another 34 would be good but very unlikely. Thanks for the negative advice I tried bat watching last night and fell asleep, or was it watching City v Fulham that certainly seen me off. Anyway my advice Happy Hockey Days.
City v Fulham would have sent anyone to sleep!

Samael

Maybe take a bit of a step back from hockey, it’s sounds like you’ve got a bit of an addiction issue. If it’s causing you to have mode swings in this manner, that’s not good. Your hobby is possibly masking underlying issues that need to be addressed. I don’t go to every game, sometimes for various reasons, time mainly, have other stuff going on, so l couldn’t give a monkies when or if the season starts. Take this break to find something else, maybe continue with it when the games return, that should help take away those high and low feelings and thoughts. Mental health is no joke, we all at some point in our lives need to reboot, reassess and change.
While a lot of what wannabe posts on here is repetitive, worthless spam, l think it's a bit rich you dolling out mental health advice, particularly in these unusual times, and given your sometimes random totally off the point remarks.

It's things like hockey that give people pleasure and if that is all he has, which l doubt is the case anyway, who are you or anyone else to question how he chooses a 'hobby'.