Your most memorable moment from the WNIR

Kevlar68

Thread starter #1
We can't live in the past but what great memories the WNIR gave us, so what would be your one and only that you could keep with you forever.

Ocko

Challenge Cup final for me.

A close second, I can’t remember the year but the league win when during the celebration Shannon Hope went spinning on his knees with the trophy is one of the earliest and best memories I had as a youngster.

Chris

Administrator
1. Challenge cup final because it was simply brilliant!

2. London Racers final game.

3. The final game in the WNIR with everyone on the ice at the end of the game!

Just generally the crash and bang style of hockey we played towards the end of the WNIR is a pretty good memory :)

d20

Far too many for me ,some amazing memories and way to many great games as our club came from nothing to be a UK powerhouse in hockey but a great memory was seeing the legend that is Glenn Anderson ex-NHLer icing for us and seeing him an a devils shirt was special BUT .......
If Im picking a memory it has to be all the times I spent in "Gretzkys" bar having beers and great laughs before and after the game ,what nights we had in there and with KEVLAR68 playing out the tunes ....awesome nights and where all our hockey friendships were made.

Kevlar68

Thread starter #11
The first image of a memory that came to my mind when posting this was the Iconic goal celebration of John Lawless shooting the scoreboard in those horrible green helmets but the crowd going wild for the bench clearance against Nottingham was awesome. Didn't know where to look or which fight to watch.
Cheers Daz, i tried my best ha. I believe Green Day was your music of choice after each game, anything off the Dookie album.

august04

The first image of a memory that came to my mind when posting this was the Iconic goal celebration of John Lawless shooting the scoreboard in those horrible green helmets but the crowd going wild for the bench clearance against Nottingham was awesome. Didn't know where to look or which fight to watch.
Cheers Daz, i tried my best ha. I believe Green Day was your music of choice after each game, anything off the Dookie album.
That game against Nottingham - I honestly thought there was going to be a riot in the rink that night. How Ross Lambert got out of the place in one piece, l’ll never know. The noise was unreal.

Challenge Cup for me. Walking in to the ice rink that night, listening to the chavs already celebrating at the start for them to blow it . The volume just got louder and louder from the Devils fans, whilst the chavs got quieter as time went on. What a cracker of a night.

Paul Sullivan

Game wise, hard to ignore 'that' Nottingham bench clearance. But I can't choose one. Having the honour of the pre-game warmup of the Crowd (and their huge wall of song) for the CC in 2006 and Phil Thomas kindly arranging for me to perform the last ever pre-game anthem were huge personal moments. But also,

The nights in Gretzky's.
Re: above - Moosehead. Honourable mention to Labatt's Ice.
Lawless' 'Alouette' the night we won the ISL.
300 fans doing the Sheffield Steelers toast same night.
The photo on the ice with everyone.
The Devils select v GB game to aid the unpaid players.
Just sitting on the balcony after the final game, crying.
Bringing the B&H Cup back to Lawless after he'd left it in Basingstoke the night before.
Every celebration Ivan ever made.
Oh, Jamie Vanderhorst's celebration.
The skating lesson goal scored by God.

This could just go on and on so I will stop. Great thread, thank you.