Flyers Vs Devils - League - 7th Nov 21

tim78

I'd like to see Dupont return as a winger with Dixon and Reid.
Cox, Waller and Sanford are the speed line but that was 1 line, not the team and gives Skalde options.
I just don't think Lammon is making the cut as a centre for 3rd, let Davies step up.
As for injury cover in this seasons layout someone like Culligan or Reddick would be my preference.

moggy#9

I feel very sorry for wannabe 2 who I personally know he is such a loyal person and to read his replies to this thread is upsetting, and the rest of you fans the devils owners and management staff need to listen to us fans and sort this team out before it’s too late
Agreed. I have massive amounts of respect for him, and his views should be taken seriously by all that read them.

E.D.S.

Problem with Devin, he was tough and gritty but I don't recall him being skillful against the boards like the forementioned. Plus our PK will be stepping up alot.
He was awful. I thought he was an embarrassment to the Devils especially with his Twitter nonsense and then was unable to back it up on the ice.

august04 2.0

Let’s face it, whatever Skalde’s game plans are, they are simply not working and more worryingly for me is the fact that he doesn’t seem able to change things with this squad of players. We certainly have decent enough individuals but they are just not clicking as a unit. I personally think he has misjudged the EIHL and quite honestly I feel he has recruited poorly judging by what we are seeing week in week out. I think other teams have worked our systems out and find it easy enough to ensure lots of our shots on goal are from distance and not immediately in front of net where it matters most. I fully expect to see a couple of player movements within the next 2 weeks. Frustrating for everyone, fans, management, owners, players and coach, but a reality check is needed and gassing a couple of players may prove the incentive needed for others to pull their fingers out and start performing better.
I absolutely agree with this. Mistakes have been made recruiting players for this league. There are too many similar style players, small in stature and quick and not enough bigger bodies, who can play a different type of game, in the the forward line up to mix things up when plan A is clearly not working. Teams have figured us out and we don’t seem to be able to respond differently. I feel for the guy, he looks totally shocked in his recent post game interviews. And we may be at the point where the players that can make a difference are just not available, in which case it could be a long, painful season.

JC23

Problem with Devin, he was tough and gritty but I don't recall him being skillful against the boards like the forementioned. Plus our PK will be stepping up alot.
Have you seen the numbers he’s been putting up in Europe? Since his stint in Manchester he’s been a 30 points plus player in the AlpsHL & Erste Liga.

A line of him alongside McNally & Dixon would be very difficult to play against, aswell as putting up numbers in my view.

What a meltdown!!!
As my Mrs always says to me…..It’s only a game!
We’ve had people abusing and bullying each other and using terrible profanities.
The forums Godfather and head of policing the board for good behaviour being the worst ( yes I’m looking at you Wannabe2)
Poor Mazz is not even likely to wear the same size shoes as you!!!
You all need to take a long hard look in the mirror at yourselves.

JC23

One player I would take back here is Jesse Mychan. Unsure if he has a club but he was a good player on his day and didn’t have much of a chance under Lord
From the stuff I’ve heard, his attitude wasn’t the best.

But he was young back then, so maybe that’s part of it.

august04 2.0

Have you seen the numbers he’s been putting up in Europe? Since his stint in Manchester he’s been a 30 points plus player in the AlpsHL & Erste Liga.

A line of him alongside McNally & Dixon would be very difficult to play against, aswell as putting up numbers in my view.
Not sure if Deeds is the right man, genuinely haven’t seen what he’s been up to since he left these shores, but I’d happily take a forward who is tough and gritty, can drop the mitts when needed, get in hard on the forecheck, get in the dirty areas in front of the net. Mychan fits that bill too. Oh and a new first line centre too!

What a meltdown!!!
As my Mrs always says to me…..It’s only a game!
We’ve had people abusing and bullying each other and using terrible profanities.
The forums Godfather and head of policing the board for good behaviour being the worst ( yes I’m looking at you Wannabe2)
Poor Mazz is not even likely to wear the same size shoes as you!!!
You all need to take a long hard look in the mirror at yourselves.
Fridayfingers you ain’t got a clue have you there are passionate fans on here expressed their frustration on the team’s performance and obviously your not one of them I would suggest you don’t read these posts if you don’t put anything thing positive on here and you surely don’t have the same passion as wannabe has for this club !

moggy#9

If new blood is a possibility then the club should have the contacts to bring in the right player. I don't believe delving into the club's past is the answer. Time passes and players aren't likely to be the same as they're remembered. Otherwise we might as well see what Doug mcwen and Ivan matulik are doing. ;-)

Last edited:

moggy#9

I'm assuming that the "catch up with coach skalde" segment won't drop until at least tomorrow. It'll be interesting to see what he says since his post match comments could almost have been generated by algorithm. Credit where it's due though for going out to face the camera though.

jenks33

It would be refreshing to see a few difficult questions asked. Obviously within reason. And to be fair to Skalde he strikes me as the type that would happily answer them. I find the “catch up with the coach” questions a bit timid usually. Andrew Lord was regularly asked tough questions by JD and Gaz when we were going through difficult periods.

august04 2.0

It would be refreshing to see a few difficult questions asked. Obviously within reason. And to be fair to Skalde he strikes me as the type that would happily answer them. I find the “catch up with the coach” questions a bit timid usually. Andrew Lord was regularly asked tough questions by JD and Gaz when we were going through difficult periods.
Maybe that’s why JD doesn’t do them anymore?!

terry hunt

From the stuff I’ve heard, his attitude wasn’t the best.

But he was young back then, so maybe that’s part of it.
I seem to remember him being mentioned by one of our management team.The suggestion was that "when he is older he could be really good player".I took this to mean he was immature and caused problems in the dressing room.

moggy#9

To be honest, I don't like the format. Direct questions to the interviewee tend to be more productive. Inflections in the way questions are asked and answered can often tell you as much as the words themselves. It's a pain having to read the screen for each question rather than just listening, for instance of you're doing something else at the same time.

terry hunt

Slightly off our discussions on here but does touch on players injuries.
Whe the Flyers coach was interviewed after the game he refused to gloat .In fact he showed his class by mentioning and praising Bari Mckenzie who has achieved 600 games.I seem to recall his stay with us was not our finest hour.

jenks33

To be honest, I don't like the format. Direct questions to the interviewee tend to be more productive. Inflections in the way questions are asked and answered can often tell you as much as the words themselves. It's a pain having to read the screen for each question rather than just listening, for instance of you're doing something else at the same time.
Yeah I agree. I also find some of the questioning at times a bit childlike. Surprised they haven’t asked him what his favourite pizza topping is yet. Let’s have a one to one for 10 minutes with somebody sat there actually asking questions face to face