Giants Vs Devils - League - 4th & 5th Feb 22

ASHIPP

The Steelers actually do have a good team that seem to find ways to win in any situation this season. Admire their game plan and execution. They deserve to be champions.

It's not the Team I detest. It's other personnel and unpleasant historical stuff associated with that club.

Last edited:

Diablo3

I also want to see Steelers win the league if it ain’t us, I dislike them immensely but not as much as I dislike the Giants.
Nope can't take either option. Let's have a miracle unbeaten streak from Dundee Stars if it is not us. Or I'd settle for a playoff final win

Rob Batch

For anyone who needs cheering up, look on u tube and put in boris johnson you've got to fight for your right to party. Clownage !! let me know if it makes you smile.

Slartibartfast

Maybe its the alcohol but I feel surprisingly positive despite the loss. Yes the first period was shocking. Skalde usually plays a defensive game against the Giants but I suspect the team did not stick to the plan. Maybe some over confidence after a winning streak against lesser teams. Also playing 5 D is never easy as responsibilities can get confused which leaves holes at the back like the O Connor days
The second period was much more even and Kozun was solid in net.
The third period we looked the better team but it was too late. But at least they gave everything and almost came back which shows a good team spirit.
The Giants looked very very good for most of the game and Beskowatsit is an an outstanding goalie.
Tomorrow Louis will be back and Im predicting a win.

Now to the really negative. Belfast should be ashamed of their webcast. Broadcast late starting. The cameraman has no understanding of the game, loses the puck and misses fights. No replays. ( Beskothingy made an amazing save but nothing) . Commentators are like 2 drunk Belfast fans. They don't even announce who scored the goal unless its Belfast. The commentator is calling infractions that are just not there. It really is embarrassing. We should be proud of Gareth and Ollie. They show how it should be done.

Swarley

After losing tonight and then seeing two Belfast fans continue to flip off our players at the glass I truly hope we beat the tar out of their entire team and take points tomorrow.

Wannabe2

Nope can't take either option. Let's have a miracle unbeaten streak from Dundee Stars if it is not us. Or I'd settle for a playoff final win
Would love to see Dundee win something, if it’s not us mind. A few seasons ago we played Blaze in a semi final play off at Nottingham, and our Celtic Cousins all shouted for their English brothers to beat us, and I have never been able to get my head around that one. I like most dislike the Steelers, but not as much as my dislike for Giants.

Wannabe2

Maybe its the alcohol but I feel surprisingly positive despite the loss. Yes the first period was shocking. Skalde usually plays a defensive game against the Giants but I suspect the team did not stick to the plan. Maybe some over confidence after a winning streak against lesser teams. Also playing 5 D is never easy as responsibilities can get confused which leaves holes at the back like the O Connor days
The third period we looked the better team but it was too late. But at least they gave everything and almost came back which shows a good team spirit.
The Giants looked very very good for most of the game and Beskowatsit is an an outstanding goalie.

Now to the really negative. Belfast should be ashamed of their webcast. Broadcast late starting. The cameraman has no understanding of the game, loses the puck and misses fights. No replays. ( Beskothingy made an amazing save but nothing) . Commentators are like 2 drunk Belfast fans. They don't even announce who scored the goal unless its Belfast. The commentator is calling infractions that are just not there. It really is embarrassing. We should be proud of Gareth and Ollie. They show how it should be done.
Got a free webcast for tomorrow after tonight’s disgrace, and if it ain’t better I will be putting in for a refund.

Wannabe2

Have you? Lucky bugger. I’ll have a whinge as well then.
Nothing lucky about it, I told them it was garbage the worst I have ever seen, and it was a joke production and if it ain’t better tomorrow I will ask for a refund.If people don’t complain how are they going to improve.

jenks33

Nothing lucky about it, I told them it was garbage the worst I have ever seen, and it was a joke production and if it ain’t better tomorrow I will ask for a refund.If people don’t complain how are they going to improve.
You’re not wrong. Just a bit surprised they got back to you that quickly and offered you a free webcast. Great result for you, if it’s any better of course, and if we win.

moggy#9

One of them couldn't tell the difference between Dixon and batch. Zero hockey knowledge between the pair of them.

Rhyan48

Carruths worst game in a devils jersey 100% be shocked if he faced 6 shots and let 4 past him ! Yes we we crap infront of him for the 1st 15 mins but no where near his best should of been pulled after the 3rd very latest kozun is excellent he needs a run in between the pipes ! Let’s hope for a better result tomorrow looked like the team we had all been watching up until December !

Rob Batch

I have to assume Mac had some kind of issue. That was so out of the ordinary , he is the best in the league so something wasn't right with him. Kozun was fantastic and proved his value to the team. I am convinced tomorrow will be different. Bell slow beware !!

Wannabe2

Kozun should start tomorrow, we have Lou back, if we can play for 60 mins and not 20 we stand a chance. God the 1st 20mins we were still in the dressing room you can’t give any team a 4 goal lead, Xmas came early to Belfast tonight. Surely we can’t play the first period that bad again. If we can have a half decent cameraman, a commentator who can commentate, and not scream like a injured pig, and maybe some replays, it may just be a bit like a professional experience because that tonight was unbelievable garbage.