Devils Vs Storm - League - 13th Nov 22 - 18:00 FO

E.D.S.

When you accept that playing Manchester is our standard then this is a really enjoyable game. Some great puck retention and cycling. That’s what made the third goal. We changed two players on that cycle. Just total pressure and dominance. Manchester were shattered. First time I’ve seen that this season.
Louis is in a bad mood. He’s just man handling people and did one hell of a check mid ice.

Last edited:

Samael

About time too, glad to read someone poked Louis and woke up the bear he can be.

Is Batch doing anything tonight or still looking at his own reflection in the plexi?

moggy#9

What did those who were watching think of those performance? Was it enough to paper over the cracks, or have we just found our level?

Samael

Wow. Nottingham beat Belfast last night then go down 6-1 to Fife tonight l just noticed. Good to see we aren't the only team taking nights off then.

Pembo

I expected the worst after the first goal but enjoyed the game. Felt positive about the Duggan Waller and Britton line, working for each other and Britton seems to be gaining a bit more confidence. Players showed fight and a bit of grit. Kozum looked very shaky initially but again grew in confidence. I’d like to see what happened if he had a run of starts. Storm looked pretty poor but we never really looked at risk of a 3rd period collapse and PK unit had a solid night. I don’t regret buying my tickets for the games next weekend.

Entertaining game but it’s our level I’m afraid.
Wow. Nottingham beat Belfast last night then go down 6-1 to Fife tonight l just noticed. Good to see we aren't the only team taking nights off then.
Panthers have won the league once in about 60 years, they don’t take nights off, they take decades off!!!
Thank God for the Nottingham Panthers!

Last edited:

Samael

Entertaining game

Panthers have won the league once in about 60 years, they don’t take nights off, they take decades off!!!
True, but they did win about 200 challenge cups, conference and playoff titles though. You know, those non tinpot tournaments, that really have meaning. Actually they've yet to win an Aladdin cup unless I'm mistaken. I take it all back, if they can't win an Aladdin cup they arent fit to be classed a top four team in profession UK Ice hockey.....

moggy#9

I don't think it's papering over the crack tonight. I think tonight confirmed what our level is. This is our level and we were competitive. We dominated them and didn't let them out of the zone.
So changes still needed? I honestly think the continental cup is going to be embarrassing for us.

E.D.S.

In the programme Todd took a poke at everyone who said they wanted changes. "the sky has not fallen, our season is not over, we aren't going to fire the whole team or the coaching staff". His message is clear "we are going to get our s*** together and get back to work" - assume that happened tonight and not last night - so I think it's a case of either accept where we are like the management/organisation have and keep spending your hockey dollars at Ice Arena Wales or forever write about what needs to change knowing that it won't change. I find it a tad insulting, I don't recall anyone asking for the "whole team to be fired." It's a bit petulant from Todd which I know he can be at times. I'd like a bit more from him but mocking fans who want to see changes isn't the way to gloss over the dross we pay to watch.

Interestingly he also went on to say "its not the first time we collectively played bad and lost and unfortunately it wont be the last". Personally, I'd prefer he came out and apologised to the fans and those that paid hard earned money to travel and watch it. Still lacking an apology or ownership of the embarrassing loss.

But please remember - our powerplay is improving!!!

Samael

I don't think it's papering over the crack tonight. I think tonight confirmed what our level is. This is our level and we were competitive. We dominated them and didn't let them out of the zone.
So top of the bottom feeders. Impressive.

Yes changes needed, 2023/24 our 4th crack at a rebuild then.

Duggan took the first opportunity to square off. I’m not sure he lost decidedly, but it didn’t really get going. I suppose if you’re going on points you’d give it to the Storm player.

Brandt took one to fire us up straight off a face off. Good scrap, and it had the desired effect.

Yes, tonight several players seemed a lot more up for it. Reid had a fair few shots on target, and Crawford was buzzing about quite a lot.

Was it much better than the last couple of weeks? Absolutely. Do I still think we need a change or two? Yes.

Samael

In the programme Todd took a poke at everyone who said they wanted changes. "the sky has not fallen, our season is not over, we aren't going to fire the whole team or the coaching staff". His message is clear "we are going to get our s*** together and get back to work" - assume that happened tonight and not last night - so I think it's a case of either accept where we are like the management/organisation have and keep spending your hockey dollars at Ice Arena Wales or forever write about what needs to change knowing that it won't change. I find it a tad insulting, I don't recall anyone asking for the "whole team to be fired." It's a bit petulant from Todd which I know he can be at times. I'd like a bit more from him but mocking fans who want to see changes isn't the way to gloss over the dross we pay to watch.

Interestingly he also went on to say "its not the first time we collectively played bad and lost and unfortunately it wont be the last". Personally, I'd prefer he came out and apologised to the fans and those that paid hard earned money to travel and watch it. Still lacking an apology or ownership of the embarrassing loss.

But please remember - our powerplay is improving!!!
Well considering Kelman likely had the biggest say in who we hired and who we fired last summer, a response like this is predictable.

Dude is stating to sound like a snake oil salesman, he's always been full of hyperbole but he's getting worse year on year. And l'm starting to even bore myself with the criticisms now so I'll pack it in. 2 points in the bag. Well done the team etc etc.

E.D.S.

Duggan took the first opportunity to square off. I’m not sure he lost decidedly, but it didn’t really get going. I suppose if you’re going on points you’d give it to the Storm player.

Brandt took one to fire us up straight off a face off. Good scrap, and it had the desired effect.

Yes, tonight several players seemed a lot more up for it. Reid had a fair few shots on target, and Crawford was buzzing about quite a lot.

Was it much better than the last couple of weeks? Absolutely. Do I still think we need a change or two? Yes.
Brandt took the fight with Bricknell following a high stick to Louis and a hit on Penny or Duggan I think. It got the crowd going but it wasn't;t done to get the crowd going. Louis had a word with Bricknell several times and they were chirping each other but being a D man down Louis couldn't really take the fight so Brandt did.