Blaze Vs Devils - League - 4th Feb 23 - 19:00 FO

jenks33

6 nil , how the hell is Thomson paid to play hockey
I’ll repeat what I said a few weeks ago. Crawford and Thompson get a lot of stick for their defensive frailties but I kind of expected it with Crawford. He’s a young, offensive Dman that plays a riskier game. Thompson on the other hand was brought in as a no frills, reliable Dman that apparently doesn’t make a lot of mistakes. We just haven’t seen that player. I appreciate he’s been logging a lot of minutes but it just seems to be mistake after mistake

august04 2.0

6-0 !!! six ???? Worst team in Devils History!

….. lloyd_jeff will shortly pronounce !
I couldn’t give two hoots where this team ranks in our history but one thing I’m pretty sure of, this team does not have the mentality to win a major trophy. We may still sneak a play off win, anyone can find some form over a couple of weekends and do that, but there is no way this team will win the league.

Kevin roog

I’ll repeat what I said a few weeks ago. Crawford and Thompson get a lot of stick for their defensive frailties but I kind of expected it with Crawford. He’s a young, offensive Dman that plays a riskier game. Thompson on the other hand was brought in as a no frills, reliable Dman that apparently doesn’t make a lot of mistakes. We just haven’t seen that player. I appreciate he’s been logging a lot of minutes but it just seems to be mistake after mistake
I think if the Devils announced at the end of the season that they were bringing in 5 new d and Richie back , I don’t think too many would complain

BostonBart22

Dupes interview will go.......we were slow out the blocks....why ? 2nd period, we were the better team but ran into penalty trouble....why? 3rd period, we didn't play as a team, and gave up , ....why? Was a perfect night to go 2pts behind Guildford and blew it big time..

august04 2.0

I think if the Devils announced at the end of the season that they were bringing in 5 new d and Richie back , I don’t think too many would complain
I know Batch takes a lot of stick but you’d be hard pressed to find a better 6 D man in this league (who are usually Brits). I’d keep both Richie and Batch but the rest, no complaints from me if the other 4 left.

Wannabe2

Dupes interview will go.......we were slow out the blocks....why ? 2nd period, we were the better team but ran into penalty trouble....why? 3rd period, we didn't play as a team, and gave up , ....why? Was a perfect night to go 2pts behind Guildford and blew it big time..
And we lost tonight because you know, we started well but then you know, our energy was there but you know, could you do this interview for me because you know.

Having been without Jardine for quite a while and as some have suggested, likely he wont be back soon due to his injury, shouldn't we be thinking about bringing someone in? The window for doing that is rapidly approaching! Still haunts me the length of time we played short on D last season, even going into the challenge cup final.

jenks33

I know Batch takes a lot of stick but you’d be hard pressed to find a better 6 D man in this league (who are usually Brits). I’d keep both Richie and Batch but the rest, no complaints from me if the other 4 left.
Agreed. I like the look of Reece Kelly but next season is too early for him as 6th Dman in my opinion. I hope he sticks around as a 2-way player and maybe we can look at him replacing batch for the 24/25 season

Slartibartfast

Im not going to join the worst team ever brigade because we are joint 2nd in the league. But our defence does worry me. If we want a trophy we need another body. I used to call Thompson, turnover Thompson but he has improved a lot as the season progressed. However he still doesn't take the body anywhere near enough and its costs us goals.

The other elephant in the room is the second line. In January we scored 29 goals. Only 2 of them were scored by our second line. (The third line scored 3 and the fourth line 2.)

We need Coughler back and I don't care who he replaces on the 2nd line because none of them are producing.

Pembo

Excited for Nottingham tomorrow, important game. Hopefully tonight was a blip. Really miss Coughler, Penny is solid but that line needs the goals and creativity that Cougs brings. I think our 3rd line could be the difference tomorrow (hopefully!)