Blaze Vs Devils - League - 4th Feb 23 - 19:00 FO

James

Administrator
Thread starter #1
Devils head to the glorious Skydome Arena for a league clash against the Blaze. Once a weekly event, Blaze games seem a lot thinner on the ground these days. Blaze are floating mid able with quite a gap either side but will be looking to push closer to the top end. if we have any desire to keep 2nd and put pressure on first 2 points is a necessary.

Wannabe2

Tough place to go and take both points, Blaze are a team capable of beating anyone, but then so are we, as has been said before, play as we can and we will be fine but we have to have all guns firing. A 4 point weekend is asking a lot, but not beyond us if we bring our A game.

jenks33

Tough away game but you get the feeling we have to be winning these games at this stage of the season if we want to win the league. We should certainly want it more than Coventry, even with 18 games to go i can't see them finishing higher or lower than 5th.

Gavevs88

These are the games we have to win now if we have title ambitions. Tough to play there at any point of the season but this is a massive 2 points if we bring them back.

BostonBart22

These are the games we have to win now if we have title ambitions. Tough to play there at any point of the season but this is a massive 2 points if we bring them back.
Exactly a must 4pt weekend going into international break 2 week rest before we entertain guildford.

Kevin roog

2 nil after one , should be losing 5 or 6, blaze start second on power play, could do with Brandt throwing a few hits or even Fournier to talk about throwing a few hits ha ha

jenks33

Comfortably second best so far. A bit fortunate we haven't conceded more. I think Kozun will be disappointed with both goals even if it was a funny bounce for the second.

Wannabe2

Lousy 1st period by us, looking very disjointed and so far not in it, Kozun looking a bit wobbly and we are lucky to only be 2 down. Crawford with one of his suicidal passes, although that didn’t result in a goal, he is though still trying to be a tough guy unless his opponent wants to go, then he goes back into his shell. We have spent 6 mins in the box so far, which is stupid especially when we are playing very poor. Hopefully the next period sees a improvement and we show up.

kettdevil1

Dean Smith reffing so plenty more soft calls to come against us tonight.
He looks to be in a really bad mood….. the Batch penalty was a retaliatory one after a non-call, Brandt one looked pretty soft to me.

There is a LOT of niggle in this game, every line change seems to result in an elbow near the benches. Great fun but we need to capitalise on the Blaze’s tendency to throw one too many players into the attack if we are to get something out of this one.

Swarley

He looks to be in a really bad mood….. the Batch penalty was a retaliatory one after a non-call, Brandt one looked pretty soft to me.

There is a LOT of niggle in this game, every line change seems to result in an elbow near the benches. Great fun but we need to capitalise on the Blaze’s tendency to throw one too many players into the attack if we are to get something out of this one.
Problem is Smith will look for any reason to call a penalty on the Devils he's as bad as Hogarth with his selective officiating.

I hope we don't have him tomorrow night.

Wannabe2

3 power plays, and if you got points for the most passes in power plays, we would be running away with this game, so far I have paid £15 to be as bored as I can be. Let’s hope the 3rd gives the poor lot that travelled to Coventry something to shout about, we live in hope.