Stars Vs Devils - League - 19th Feb 23 - 17:00 FO

kettdevil1

Decent first period against a team that looks short of confidence. Interesting switch in tactics for the D has seen Batch and Jardine jump into the attack far more and the Stars can’t cope with it. Decent number of Devils fans here for a Sunday night in Dundee and an enjoyable period all round (apart for Jardine who spilled a lot of blood)

jenks33

Decent first period against a team that looks short of confidence. Interesting switch in tactics for the D has seen Batch and Jardine jump into the attack far more and the Stars can’t cope with it. Decent number of Devils fans here for a Sunday night in Dundee and an enjoyable period all round (apart for Jardine who spilled a lot of blood)
Was it an obvious high stick on Jardine that wasn’t called?

kettdevil1

Was it an obvious high stick on Jardine that wasn’t called?
Looked accidental, although we are down the other end so tricky to be 100% sure. The officiating has been a bit approximate so far. The Sanche penalty was harsh, especially as we had committed a pretty blatant trip immediately beforehand ….

kettdevil1

End of second and a strange game. One of the most one sided games I have seen for ages but Stars are still in it. Period ends with a spectator taking a puck in the face from a wayward clearance. The blood mopping up squad have been on overtime tonight.

Still no Jardine but the good news is our D have been solid all game …. So far

kingmo19.1

Everybody slagging Batch and he has just scored after 2 minutes! Got to have a laugh at that.
No doubt Batch was reading the Inferno last night and the penny dropped! "Shit, I've been rumbled, there I was thinking I could go the entire season without breaking a sweat and those pesky fans have rumbled my plan! I know Dupes is oblivious to my lack of effort, but shit, those fans have found me out !!!! I'd better put a shift in tomorrow otherwise I'm going to be joining the Guildford NIHL2 team next season!".

moggy#9

They've hit form at the right time and even when they had a rough patch they weren't that many points off the pace. Guilford just don't have the depth so I can't see anyone overtaking Belfast now.
Of course the fact that they always arrange to have a favourable run in doesn't hurt them either.