Cardiff Devils Confirmed Signings & Departures 2023/24

BostonBart22

Absolutely gutted, gent off the ice, I know he was only here 6 seasons but he deserved a testimonial of some sort more than others in my book, but there we are, good luck big lou, good luck to pastures new.

Devils86

So by way of update our off-season business is as follows:

2023/24 Roster
Returnees: Joey Martin; Mark Richardson
New Signings: Jamie Arniel

Confirmed Departures: Mark Louis; Tarun Kozun; Brodie Reid
Presumed Departure: Josh Brittain

Finny

Louis has been a great servant for us and the toughest player in the league for some time.

But my all time favourite Louis moment was not for his toughness but his playing ability. By 2017 we were starting to challenge the arena teams but there were still question marks as to whether we had the belief to beat them to titles.
We faced Belfast in the CC SF and travelled there having lost the first leg. An early goal levelled it but after Keefe fought Bordeleau it was Belfast who looked to be on top.

Up stepped Louis to score not just one but two huge goals. He dominated the ice that night as we went on to win 5-1.

That was the night where I truly started to believe that we weren’t just as good as Belfast and Sheffield but better than them.
Thanks for the memories Big Lou and best of luck in the future.

Wannabe2

Louis has been a great servant for us and the toughest player in the league for some time.

But my all time favourite Louis moment was not for his toughness but his playing ability. By 2017 we were starting to challenge the arena teams but there were still question marks as to whether we had the belief to beat them to titles.
We faced Belfast in the CC SF and travelled there having lost the first leg. An early goal levelled it but after Keefe fought Bordeleau it was Belfast who looked to be on top.

Up stepped Louis to score not just one but two huge goals. He dominated the ice that night as we went on to win 5-1.

That was the night where I truly started to believe that we weren’t just as good as Belfast and Sheffield but better than them.
Thanks for the memories Big Lou and best of luck in the future.
Great post my mate, can you remember the date would love to add this to my collection. Would love to do a Louis dvd, can see it happening can you help.

Swarley

Big Lou deserves a hero’s send off from this club and devils fans.
Absolute warrior.

Just hope we seen another type of intimating player in the style of Big Lou in a Devils jersey, sadly I don’t think we will.
I think with Gagnon leaving the league and then Louis leaving it's a sign that the league is not what it use to be, definitely feels like we have a soft hockey season ahead, that or we are going to be bullied all over the ice.

ASHIPP

Sad day to see Big Lou go. A true servant and fan favorite. One of the toughest guys in our league in the last few years. It will be very strange without his menacing, assured presence on the blue line.

Good luck Lou and thankyou for all your time at the Devils.

Finny

Great post my mate, can you remember the date would love to add this to my collection. Would love to do a Louis dvd, can see it happening can you help.
8th Feb 2017.

Game was live on TV I think. Pretty sure I watched it in that short-lived sports bar next to Principality Stadium. Bar was packed midweek with Devils fans.

lloyd_jeff

I’ll reserve judgement when our full team has been announced, I’ve stated I’d bin the whole lot, Lou would just be a victim of poor management, we missed a decent defence.

august04 2.0

Big Lou has been a great servant for us. Part of me thinks he could still do a good job, but I believe we haven’t utilised his abilities to their best in the past couple of years. I wonder if he’s signed elsewhere in the EIHL? That would be tough to take, an absolute warrior for the Devils.

tim78

All the best Lou, kept the Devs blue line for a long time. I think I can remember the Belfast goal awesome coast to coast.

Swarley

Big Lou has been a great servant for us. Part of me thinks he could still do a good job, but I believe we haven’t utilised his abilities to their best in the past couple of years. I wonder if he’s signed elsewhere in the EIHL? That would be tough to take, an absolute warrior for the Devils.
I think he's hanging his skates up when it comes to eihl, he's been back in Canada the last couple of weeks, but if he does lace them up again I will definitely be watching them games and cheering him on.

terry hunt

Just come home from a short break and read this.Very sad day for the Devils.
I believe he played injured many times.I wish him well whatever he does