Cardiff Devils Confirmed Signings & Departures 2023/24

RedDevil17

Not blown away sorry, hope I’m wrong but don’t do it for me.
Screams of a Penny type signing. Good for a lower team in the league but for a title contending team, no. Didn’t really notice him and the fact he spent a lot of last season injured is a bit concerning. Hoping to be proved wrong but a bit underwhelmed

Rempel16

So how does that make him a cracking signing, not for me sorry. I hope he rams those words down my throat, but can’t see him being a cracking signing for a team hoping to win silverware, but hay ho.
Well over a point a game before his injury… knows where the net is, he’s fast, plays physical and knows how to win. I’d say he’s an upgrade on Brittain / Penny.

The_Stick_

So how does that make him a cracking signing, not for me sorry. I hope he rams those words down my throat, but can’t see him being a cracking signing for a team hoping to win silverware, but hay ho.
What exactly are you expecting? Belfast signed a player who was less than a PPG in the Finnish second division for their 3rd line, and they should be our direct comparison. I would much rather someone like Barrow, who is younger, and has produced at the Elite League level.

jenks33

Blimey, what a left-field signing that is! Reminds me a bit of when we signed Zach Hervato, An unfashionable signing from a lower league EIHL team that nobody saw coming. Surely on the third line with Waller and a new centre? A positive for me is he played with Steve King’s son so he must be a good character to have around the dressing room. Steve’s son must speak highly of him.

moggy#9

This is another example of us getting younger and faster. I'm guessing that he's not going to be at the top of the depth chart, but on a line with Waller his size and speed could be interesting.

I'll caveat my opinion with the fact that we need to see the roster as a whole, but he seems to be an upgrade to brittain.