Signings/Departures Thread - All Teams 2023/24

moggy#9

Personally I thought it was in pretty poor taste any team releasing announcements yesterday given the sad news about Alex Graham. We all know the world keeps on turning but whilst a team is grieving and thinking nothing of next season to go drawing attention to your own club I think was a terrible look. Giants and Clan should be pretty embarrassed by their arrogance. Devils too sent out a merch tweet I thought was pretty tactless. Compassion and empathy is in actions not words. Really didn’t sit right with me at all.
Absolutely agree. I've had plenty of gripes about the devils social media over the last year, but trying to flog merch in the days following the most shocking loss I can remember since Micky curry leaves a bad taste in my mouth.

Wannabe2

Think the league will certainly be going up a notch this coming season, and Amen to that, it’s certainly early days but the signings so far are certainly looking positive for a very entertaining league. Would be good to say Happy Hockey Days again, that’s for sure.

BostonBart22

Why are certain fans knocking Conway, if he came knocking devils door it would be different then, ok he said a few home truths about the lge officials . As it stands he hasn't signed yet, if he does good luck to him again this coming season, like his father he will cause havoc for defences again , it will be down to other teams to stop him repeating his awesome 2 seasons for Belfast. Plus it will add spice to Belfast away games when fans get on his back, remember the villains of the lge, mcmorrow, ware, payette was never a dull moment with banter in the crowd,which is missing from our game. All speculation for now though.

lloyd_jeff

Let's just wait and see when the final rosters are announced. The first preseason games will give an indication of each squads potential.
I agree, but not being one to shy away from putting my head on the block, I’d say at this stage with what we’ve got signed, we are going to need some big ticket guys being announced. That means spending more money than the last few seasons and probably breaking the imaginary cap. Does Todd get whispers concerning Belfast signings early enough to recruit at a similar level ? I guess we’re in for an epic Stampede announcement, fingers crossed.

Why are certain fans knocking Conway, if he came knocking devils door it would be different then, ok he said a few home truths about the lge officials . As it stands he hasn't signed yet, if he does good luck to him again this coming season, like his father he will cause havoc for defences again , it will be down to other teams to stop him repeating his awesome 2 seasons for Belfast. Plus it will add spice to Belfast away games when fans get on his back, remember the villains of the lge, mcmorrow, ware, payette was never a dull moment with banter in the crowd,which is missing from our game. All speculation for now though.
I don’t think many are knocking his playing ability, just his perceived character!
He appears to be a complete ‘knobhead’!

august04 2.0

I don’t care if he was as good as Gretzky, I wouldn’t want to see him in a Devils shirt. Totally classless.

RedDevil17

I imagine some teams across European leagues who were interested in him saw the tweet and thought ‘he’s a knob we don’t want him here’. Arrogant PoS, but a good player

Last edited: