Signings/Departures Thread - All Teams 2023/24

Wannabe2

One of my fondest hockey memories is seeing ross Lambert get the pasting he so richly deserved. After trying to take a cheap shot against our lord Doug McEwen.
Lambert was relentless on McEwen, but local boy Nicky Chinn handed him his arse on a plate, loved Chinny, the best punch of all time was Chinny on Mike Rowe, that was some punch.

Wannabe2

Don’t remember him having a brother, i do remember him violently attacking John Lawless at our place, and one of our players beating the crap out of him. Pretty sure he went to London Knights where lots of players beat the crap out of him, he was a fruitcake but a lousy fighter.

kettdevil1

Didn't he have a brother in the lge the same era ? He was the normal one I recall
Mark Slater - definitely more normal.

Grant was an interesting character, actually highly intelligent off the ice but when the red mist came down on the ice, it was time to man the barricades. I remember him playing for (I think) Ayr in around 1990, Ian Cooper breezed by him, his locks flowing in the wind. Grant Slater reached over and hauled him down by the ponytail. I wince even now thinking about it.

Grant died young quite recently. A sad end to a turbulent life.