Devils Vs Clan - Pre-Season - 9th Sep 23 (FO 19:00) & 10th Sep 23 (FO 16:00)

ASHIPP

Am liking #79 signing already. MOM tonight....Barrow reminds me so much of a younger Steve Moria in terms of stature and style. He is wirey and plays almost with a hunch and just like Mo glides over the ice. He goes unnoticed but gets in all the right places. Barrow-Busch-Waller gelling well.

moggy#9

Am liking #79 signing already. MOM tonight....Barrow reminds me so much of a younger Steve Moria in terms of stature and style. He is wirey and plays almost with a hunch and just like Mo glides over the ice. He goes unnoticed but gets in all the right places. Barrow-Busch-Waller gelling well.
I too very much like that line. Busch has caught my eye doing all the little things right. He had an excellent finish on Saturday.

Slartibartfast

This team has more chemistry after 3 weeks than last seasons team did after playing a whole season together. Clan looked decent but we were just to good for them and dominated most of the match. Either Russell has been lucky to find players who gel so well or he is a damn good coach. Great to see goals coming from the 2nd 3rd and 4th line and another outstanding performance from Barrow who got a deserved MOM.

Harewood didn’t look out of place on the team at all tonight. It was good to see him get some ice time to showcase his abilities. Todays game was much more entertaining to watch than Saturday’s even though we were missing the human wrecking ball in Brandt. I hope both he and Ritchie get fully fit during the pre-season.

Diablo3

I think we need to tie Harewood to a full time contract this year for next season or someone else will. There aren't that many good young Brits around able to take the step up. Kelly and Harewood are two of them.

moggy#9

I think we need to tie Harewood to a full time contract this year for next season or someone else will. There aren't that many good young Brits around able to take the step up. Kelly and Harewood are two of them.
I wasn't sure that Kelly was ready for the elite league, but he's made the step up. Harewood definitely seems ready. I hope his contract with Bristol allows up to call him up whenever we want. Frankly he's going to be too good for the nihl.

moggy#9

If Duggan doesn’t show significant development I think Harewood is the guy to take his place. I’ve always rated Duggan but i think Harewood has a much higher ceiling
That's very harsh considering that they're very different styles of players. In my opinion the most likely situation is that Richie retires (at the end of the season) and harewood comes in to fill his Brit spot.

BostonBart22

Only seen 2 games so far and thought Duggs had 2 great games, I like harewood a lot and agree he needs an contract to sign in readiness for 24/25 season..

Last edited by a moderator:

Swarley

The team definitely has better chemistry this season, power play looks sharp and ever changing when needed, Booth played well and only had one howler that I could see.

My only negative thoughts are we lack the size and muscle to keep guys like Sol in check, we get over powered a fair amount in the corners and against the boards.

Booth getting hit yesterday should of resulted in Clans #10 being sent to the wood shed, instead he went and dumped Crawford on his head behind the net.

Booth lacks any sort of bite atm, don't get me wrong I'm not expecting him to be a complete psycho but ffs show a little more aggression when players are in your crease and shove back when your getting bullied, he just seems way too laid back right now, could be nerves could be because it's pre season but when the season starts I want him to have a bit more of an edge to his game instead of looking like he's trying to make friends with the opposite team.

Yesterday's game wasn't anything special or exciting with regards to entertainment it felt like it was a mild version of non contact hockey from our side but I can live with it begrudgingly if it means 2 points a game.

Harewood I really don't see what all the fuss is about, I wouldn't be fussed if he didn't come in full time because I believe Russell could find better elsewhere.

Waller looked a little rusty but I'm expecting that to be blown off and polished come start of the season.

E.D.S.

The team definitely has better chemistry this season, power play looks sharp and ever changing when needed, Booth played well and only had one howler that I could see.

My only negative thoughts are we lack the size and muscle to keep guys like Sol in check, we get over powered a fair amount in the corners and against the boards.

Booth getting hit yesterday should of resulted in Clans #10 being sent to the wood shed, instead he went and dumped Crawford on his head behind the net.

Booth lacks any sort of bite atm, don't get me wrong I'm not expecting him to be a complete psycho but ffs show a little more aggression when players are in your crease and shove back when your getting bullied, he just seems way too laid back right now, could be nerves could be because it's pre season but when the season starts I want him to have a bit more of an edge to his game instead of looking like he's trying to make friends with the opposite team.

Yesterday's game wasn't anything special or exciting with regards to entertainment it felt like it was a mild version of non contact hockey from our side but I can live with it begrudgingly if it means 2 points a game.

Harewood I really don't see what all the fuss is about, I wouldn't be fussed if he didn't come in full time because I believe Russell could find better elsewhere.

Waller looked a little rusty but I'm expecting that to be blown off and polished come start of the season.

Good summary. I like Harewood. He's got a fair bit of development ahead of him (obvious thing to say) you can see the little mistakes coming in to his game, like trying to pull a move on their blue line that ends up with us under immense pressure but that stuff will come. PR will know what he's doing and whether he's ready. He will have games where he looks out of place and he will have games where he looks more comfortable.

Re: Booth. I said the exact same to the guy I sit next to. May be that will come in time or may be it's not his style.

I'm still very concerned by our D. Although, I have to say Mosey is doing brilliantly back there. He seems very disciplined , despite what must be, an obvious desire to bomb forward at every opportunity.

What I was very pleased to see over both games was a much higher puck retention. We sneaked a couple of line changes last night whilst being camped out in their zone. So refreshing to see. That's huge for us.

Diablo3

I doubt Liam Kirk would be interested, so where exactly are you going to find this Brit better than Harewood? Don't forget our brit pack aren't exactly youngsters.

I should revise that... some of our Brit pack. :)

Last edited:

Swarley

I doubt Liam Kirk would be interested, so where exactly are you going to find this Brit better than Harewood? Don't forget our brit pack aren't exactly youngsters.
Didn't say I'd find one, I said I believe Russell could find better.

Harewood for me isn't ready to step up into the eihl full time, he has a lot of maturing to do first.