Recent content by ccfchockeyfan

1. ccfchockeyfan

This team

Today's game a microcosm of the whole season, start well, come under pressure and then just fold when a response is needed.Deserved to win nothing this season. Time to rebuild, we'll be back stronger I'm sure.
  2. ccfchockeyfan

This team

Agreed, a lot of no-name NA college league players who aren't up to this level. Need players with top European SHL, DEL etc experience or AHL -(easy said I know) ECHL doesn't cut it. The playing standard has moved on and up and the happy clappy facebook/twitter feed nonsense is getting tiring...
  3. ccfchockeyfan

Devils Vs Lukko Rauma - CHL - 12th Oct 2021

A bit disappointing defensively in these CHL games where Cardiff have really been caught out defensively especially from goals scored in 2 on 1s, but then I guess we aren't going to compete physically at this level with ECHL/2nd tier European players when we're up against AHL/top European...
  4. ccfchockeyfan

NHL ADD ANOTHER FRANCHISE

I went over there this year and managed to watch a rugby team called the 'SEAWOLVES' play. Can imagine it will be a Seahawks franchise. Seals maybe?
  5. ccfchockeyfan

Devils Vs Stars - 2 Dec 18 - League

It is a confidence or a mentality issue to be losing these games when seemingly in control. One of the main marks of a championship winning side is to control the game when you are ahead and see it out but this Devils side struggles to do that at present. It seems strange the inconsistency of...
  6. ccfchockeyfan

ECHL hockey

To be honest I've watched some AHL matches on my trips over to States and I've not been that impressed and I thought that was a step up from the ECHL? It may be that the likes of Nottingham, ourselves, Sheffield etc are better but the standard across the league on average has a wider variation...
  7. ccfchockeyfan

Clubhouse bar

I assumed that was the case billy but feel that is a mistake. My company uses the suite for presentations as sponsors and I feel it certainly would add some character as a space. Particularly as the bars at wnir and the bbt did so. The club should use any opportunity to stamp its history and...
  8. ccfchockeyfan

Clubhouse bar

Not sure if this has been answered before but I feel the main bar at the rink would benefit from some club merchandise and historic references, something that actually marks it as a clubhouse and not just another generic clean bar. I like what gas been done to the metkza lounge so I'm assuming...
  9. ccfchockeyfan

Devils Vs Växjö Lakers - Tue 16 Oct - CHL

From watching the old European challenge games in the late 90s its great to see Cardiff back up there in the CHL coming up against the best teams in Europe and giving the sport in this country a real chance to showcase the rising abilities of our teams and players, particularly in light of the...
  10. ccfchockeyfan

Lack of atmosphere

I think you can look at the likes of MK who have a small but noisy coordinated hardcore of fans as an example. You get them together in the same space , coordinate a few distinctive but easily identifiable chants and a distinctive personality and it goes from there. People who want to be...
  11. ccfchockeyfan

Devils Vs Clan - Sun 30 Sep - League

Sign of a good side is that regardless of the quality of the opposition, they set out their standard early on in the game and bar the Gratton blip held the puck up fairly well and despite not being the most clinical the scoreline did not flatter them at all. Also nice to see a proper scrap again...
  12. ccfchockeyfan

Premier Sports

Cardiff Blues have the same offer with their season ticket though I think most of the eihl is on freesports
  13. ccfchockeyfan

Red Bull Salzburg Vs Devils -Thu 6th Sept 2018 / 7:30pm (CEST) - CHL

They have been slow starters to most of the pre season and European games such as the second poprad home match where we sit too deep early on and invite pressure , a couple of Lucky deflections or breakaway one on one goals in the slot has proved very costly at European level. Can't fault the...
  14. ccfchockeyfan

Final - Devils Vs Panthers - Sunday 8th- 4pm Chat / Updates

Re: Final - Devils Vs Panthers - Sunday 8th- 4pm Chat / Upd First finals I have been to and must say especially sat with the Braehead fans the atmosphere was fantastic! ,A vocal contingent came up from South wales which sang for the full game,even when the match had been lost. They are a...
  15. ccfchockeyfan

pubs in cardiff showing tomorrows game?

Owain Glyndwr in town showed it last year if thats any good?