Flyers Vs Devils - League - 7th Nov 21

Hedd Wyn John

A simple reminder that the best teams can have a poor season. This one isn’t over yet.
In a nutshell we've rebuilt the team this season and as harsh as it sounds but it looks like we've got a few too many players that were signed on their hockey CVs but are now a season or two past this league's standard. Martin, Haddad, Fournier. Pope, Myers & Mosey. The team looks very much wear without those guys.

Last edited:

Wannabe2

I tell you one thing that’s made me laugh. Watching Wannabe turn from Cardiff Devils’ biggest cheerleader to wanting 7 or 8 of them sacked hahaha.
In all seriousness that just shows you that changes are needed. Even Wannabe has had enough! I feel your pain Wannabe
No you don’t no one feels my pain, as it’s my pain not yours, and it never will be. You are you and I am me.

moggy#9

Since everyone is begging so deep, I'll add my own contribution.

The avalanche has already started. It is too late for the pebbles to vote.

august04 2.0

You mean when Tyson Marsh was lying on the floor being beaten into early retirement and no one did anything.
What did you expect Hendrikx to do about that?! That was a pre-determined fight that Marsh knew he had to take on, and willingly did so and came out swinging, after the hit the week before. I saw him come to the defence of his team mates on many occasions, once to his detriment after a hit on Culligan (I think) from Westgarth.

Devil94

Dupont has taken most of the flack on here, but the truth is when we have played at our worst, he's been out injured. When he was playing at the start of the year, we were playing better and he was our leading point scorer in the Challenge Cup.

The problem is that at the moment, they seem to play as individuals rather than a team. So it's not as easy as getting a a player or two in and our problems are solved. Teams seemed to have worked us out, and so it requires a tactical rethink to be successful. I would personally rather do that with players that are already settled here, and if one new player is needed for the final piece of the jigsaw then then let's get him. But these players have not turned bad overnight.

We used to have a slump around this time every year with Lordo, and thank goodness he turned it around every time. Skalde's inexperience in this league might take him a bit more time to work it out, as it did in Lord's early years, but I'm hopeful we will turn it around soon.

august04 2.0

DuPont was playing a little better before his injury but the root of our problems lie with that first line centre position. Our planned first line centre, who I assume is getting first line level wages, was playing limited minutes on the third line before his injury. That has been our biggest failure of the off season.

Last edited:

august04 2.0

You dont seriously think he is the Messiah do you.
You have got to be a relative try looking up his stats some time.
He only came to Cardiff to retire and build his business get real.
Perhaps we should send for Phillips from the Steelers.
I think this is very unfair. If Skalde had the choice between an ageing Myers and Waller, then he made the right decision, no doubt about that. But that shouldn’t detract from Myers' contribution to our success over recent years. I don’t need to look up his stats. He was superb in the face off circle, worked his arse off on the PK, was not afraid to get in the dirty areas in front of the net and great on the boards. I very much valued and appreciated what he did for the Devils in his second spell here.

moggy#9

I think this is very unfair. If Skalde had the choice between an ageing Myers and Waller, then he made the right decision, no doubt about that. But that shouldn’t detract from Myers' contribution to our success over recent years. He was superb in the face off circle, worked his arse off on the PK, was not afraid to get in the dirty areas in front of the net and great on the boards. I very much valued and appreciated what he did for the Devils in his second spell here.
I'd take Myers over O'Connor any day.