Inside Cardiff Devils Episode 4 ?

Swarley

Got lucky?
Seriously?
Have you not looked at his hockey CV?
Oh I have but his success while it is good his European success isn't translating well at all in this league.

I'd love for him to get the team fired up and ready to get stuck in I just don't think telling them all individually that they're good guys is working, Crandall looked about the only one who genuinely wants to get the team fired up.

E.D.S.

“Cox, shoot the puck”…. Something we’ve all been saying. Can’t fault PRs assessment of each individual.
What I’ll say about this edition - yes another brilliant production - but it’s what it does to me and my family watching it. It gives us such a stronger affiliation with the team and the boys. Almost empathy for the situation they are in, seeing Crandall go off like that does remind you that they care. The on ice performance stinks and makes you feel like they don’t care and so the strength of feeling afterwards particularly on here, is naturally stronger. This adds more weight to having more player access for the inferno in my opinion. More interviews, like before. Doesn’t have to be on here but I wouldn’t under estimate what programmes like this and access like this can do to the fan/player connection.
PR talked about Batch needing confidence and we have a thread solely on bashing Batch. I felt very uncomfortable hearing that from PR and being part of that thread.

Cracking programme.

Last edited:

Diablo3

Great episode, great to see the passion Crandall has, lets get a few more like him. Swarley, give Pete a chance, no coach has produced a title winning side in their first season. I'm sure there are carry overs that may or may not be here next year. btw I love Richie but if Crandall stays he could be a future captain if he carry's on like that.

Rempel16

Great episode, great to see the passion Crandall has, lets get a few more like him. Swarley, give Pete a chance, no coach has produced a title winning side in their first season. I'm sure there are carry overs that may or may not be here next year. btw I love Richie but if Crandall stays he could be a future captain if he carry's on like that.
Ben Simon is seething right now!

Swarley

Swarley, give Pete a chance, no coach has produced a title winning side in their first season.
Im giving him a chance, hell I gave dupont a chance so I've gotta give Pete a fair chance I just want him to get fired up and inject that into the team and see it translate into a hockey game where fans don't leave after 40 minutes because they're itching to see the lads give it their all win or lose.

TL91

On the other thread a few were naming Crandall as one to go…despite having a very good season so far, despite being shifted around on the lines. Hearing the off the ice stuff him and his wife do for the players and their families and then seeing this clip…it’s people like him that need to remain here!

Interesting that it was someone not part of the "leadership group" who was telling a few home truths. Also interesting what he said about the same guys being the source of the problems over and over. Clearly there's the start of a split in the dressing room, and individuals are already being marked as not getting new contracts.
And who was he shouting at? My guess Cox and Sanford.

Finny

Ben Simon is seething right now!
Didn‘t Ben Simon overspend so badly putting that team together that the Steelers ownership and management basically imploded mid-season? The Steelers were days away from going bankrupt only for our then-owner Paul Ragan to step in and buy them. Gave them enough money to carry on with their budget-busting squad which ended up level on points with us but beat us on regulation wins. No surprise that he didn’t stay on for a second season.

Not that I’m still bitter or anything.

Ocko

I didn't reply on that thread and it is still embarrassing. We need to stop that shit, quote on a game by all means but singling out players on a thread is lame. We should be better than that.
“Batchy you’re having a great season” or words to the effect. Glad PR thinks that and hopefully Batch pays little attention to the nonsense spouted about him. If you understand his role, you’ll understand he’s doing a great job.

“Batchy you’re having a great season” or words to the effect. Glad PR thinks that and hopefully Batch pays little attention to the nonsense spouted about him. If you understand his role, you’ll understand he’s doing a great job.
Or it shows PR is talking bollox

Finny

Oh I have but his success while it is good his European success isn't translating well at all in this league.

I'd love for him to get the team fired up and ready to get stuck in I just don't think telling them all individually that they're good guys is working, Crandall looked about the only one who genuinely wants to get the team fired up.
He’s not even halfway through his first season with us yet.

His first experience of the EIHL was with MK in their first ever EIHL season. Not finishing bottom was arguably an achievement in itself, but 20 wins in that first season was pretty impressive.
Impressive enough to convince Clan to move for him. And in that season with the Clan he go them 4th spot. Ahead of Sheffield and just 3 points behind Nottingham. I’m pretty sure that’s the Clan’s best ever finish in the EIHL without the use of the Conference system which benefitted them greatly.

Russell has a history of getting clubs to over-achieve. I think he needs at least 2-3 years before we can decide if he’s been a success here or not.

Last edited:
Welcome new poster. How many Pool A games have you coached at?
It was a tongue in cheek comment to be fair, I am a huge PR fan and totally behind him. It's the outside influences I am concerned about. Did he get final say on the signings? and he still has Todd like the the last 2 coaches interfering and undermining him coming into the dressing room after games

Wannabe2

Having worked in tv for over 40 yrs I will take all this with a pinch of salt, how many takes were there, who allowed the final edit, and how honest is it. Sorry to be a pessimist but it’s all about honesty.

Having worked in tv for over 40 yrs I will take all this with a pinch of salt, how many takes were there, who allowed the final edit, and how honest is it. Sorry to be a pessimist but it’s all about honesty.
Totally agree, cant see the club allowing ANYTHING negative or controversial getting out. Still entertaining though

quick Brandt look like your in pain lol felt very much like get the fans back on our side and show lots players having treatment ect