Inside Cardiff Devils Episode 4 ?

Diafol

Probably awaiting certification by the BBFC.
Horror movies such as this month have to be classified as 18 don't they ?
Or at least "Not suitable for children".

James

Administrator
Long time board members will remember we used to host player blogs. Todd shut down that idea for this very reason. Its great and can be fun when its going well but when things take a sour turn it can be difficult to strike a balance between unvarnished truth and putting on a positive spin and looking like you're oblivious / ignoring the issues

Swarley

Impressed with that episode. Best one so far. Loved that reaction from Crandall!
I'm guessing he's no longer a good guy because he blew his lid.

After watching the episode it just makes me think Pete Russell is the Boris Johnson of the eihl, bumbles about and got lucky with landing a job he doesn't seem to have a handle on.

moggy#9

Best episode so far and absolutely riveting to see in the dressing room - Crandall did not hold back and I thought PR's assessments of each player were fascinating. Not sure if it will work but they know exactly the issues
Interesting that it was someone not part of the "leadership group" who was telling a few home truths. Also interesting what he said about the same guys being the source of the problems over and over. Clearly there's the start of a split in the dressing room, and individuals are already being marked as not getting new contracts.

kettdevil1

Interesting that it was someone not part of the "leadership group" who was telling a few home truths. Also interesting what he said about the same guys being the source of the problems over and over. Clearly there's the start of a split in the dressing room, and individuals are already being marked as not getting new contracts.
Yes, it's a fair point - I wouldn't necessarily say it shows a split (I have been in locker rooms where far worse has been said but they have stayed pretty cohesive) but it certainly shows that there are players (and not the ones with letters on their jerseys) willing to call others out. I suppose I was surprised it was Crandall as I hadn't had him pegged as one of the leaders of the dressing room.

What will be fascinating will be the reaction. Having been away for a bit, I have missed the last few games so I will be interested to see how the team is in Manchester..... you can generally see how they feel after a few minutes of warm up so given that I am sure the players watched the doc tonight, it will be so interesting to see how they interact and how they play.

august04 2.0

It struck me that some of these players are just not listening to Russell, for whatever reason. He won’t be going anywhere anytime soon. The “soft” guys doing all the “complaining” are obviously known within the camp as Crandall alluded to. They need to be shipped out asap. and replaced by players who are prepared to put in the required effort and some pride back into wearing the Devils jersey.