37 Storm

FACEOFFS
Devils 39
Storm 41

TOI LEADERS
Devils - Crawford - 28:21
Storm - Johnson - 23:38

OJLloyd

Still very lightweight in that there was almost no physical play hit wise etc.

But there wasn’t a need to looking at the scoreline and the fact that Storm weren’t exactly setting the world alight.

Tomorrow is the big test. We will need to be more of a threat physically to get an advantage over Belfast.

jenks33

Belfast lose 4-3 at home to Fife after being 3-0 up. I’m sorry but no excuses if we don’t beat that lot tomorrow night. Worst Belfast team for yonks

Slartibartfast

Positives:-
We won
We scored 4 goals
Defense looked better
Batchy played really well and its good to see him coming forward occasionally
We scored a PPG

Negatives:-
No physicality again except for Brandt
The other 2 powerplays were the usual poor standard

The Belfast game will be interesting. They lost to Fife tonight.

E.D.S.

There can be no excuse for the absence of physicality after PRs interview post the Sheffield game. Surely they would have come out hitting everything after what he said to the camera. How could they not play a physical game? Baffling.

Good two points though.

The_Stick_

There can be no excuse for the absence of physicality after PRs interview post the Sheffield game. Surely they would have come out hitting everything after what he said to the camera. How could they not play a physical game? Baffling.

Good two points though.
The game didn’t require us to play come out hitting. Tomorrow I feel will be a completely different story

Devil94

We know physicality isn't one of our greatest strength, so no reason to try and make it a physical game if there's no need. Would be shooting ourselves in the foot, especially against a side like Manchester.
I'm glad PR managed to to get the guys firing today, more than Keefe did. Same tomorrow would be lovely

E.D.S.

We know physicality isn't one of our greatest strength, so no reason to try and make it a physical game if there's no need. Would be shooting ourselves in the foot, especially against a side like Manchester.
I'm glad PR managed to to get the guys firing today, more than Keefe did. Same tomorrow would be lovely
I'm not sure I follow this logic and playing Devils advocate here too... having watched the game, I didn't find it entertaining. I absolutely agree that they did what they needed to, to win but if this was at home, would it be satifactory given that our style is dull and not entertaining but because we played away and won, it's ok? Genuinely interested in people's opinions as opposed to being argumentative.

In addition, PR's comments after the last game was about no fight in the players (paraphrasing) and "no checking until the 3rd period" and how much that upset him, so you would expect the opposite from the team the first chance they get, against Manchester. Surely he doesn't want to see that fighting spirit and physical contest at home games only???

Finny

I'm not sure I follow this logic and playing Devils advocate here too... having watched the game, I didn't find it entertaining. I absolutely agree that they did what they needed to, to win but if this was at home, would it be satifactory given that our style is dull and not entertaining but because we played away and won, it's ok? Genuinely interested in people's opinions as opposed to being argumentative.

In addition, PR's comments after the last game was about no fight in the players (paraphrasing) and "no checking until the 3rd period" and how much that upset him, so you would expect the opposite from the team the first chance they get, against Manchester. Surely he doesn't want to see that fighting spirit and physical contest at home games only???
What do you think the point of checking is?