Rumours & Offseason Nonsense 2023/24

moggy#9

Oh well, so much of this goes over my head. Its in the back of my mind that this debate will be an albatross that we'll hear about everywhere.

Was at the rink earlier today. There was a possible new player his wife and daughter getting shown around. He was kitted up in devils off ice kit. Not sure who though. Not very tall 5'10 max, quite stocky,dark hair. Any suggestions?

kingmo19.1

Was at the rink earlier today. There was a possible new player his wife and daughter getting shown around. He was kitted up in devils off ice kit. Not sure who though. Not very tall 5'10 max, quite stocky,dark hair. Any suggestions?
I know who it was. Unfortunately, I can’t divulge as this is just the rumours thread.

kingmo19.1

Can you at least tell us what their favourite Subway is so we can work back from there :D
It’s funny you should say that as I did notice he was greedily munching on a 12” white with meatballs and extra cheese!

Was a right mess around the walkway from blocks 2-6 with crumbs everywhere and he also dropped 3 meatballs!

The wife gave him a big telling off for being so messy!

Funny thing is, she was no better, greedily gulping down a bulging 6” packed full of ham, tomatoes, lettuce and a massive dollop of mayo! It was all over her chops and her blouse was covered in it!

Devil94

I'm surprised we haven't heard anything about Euan King joining the Vernal Oilers in the US as a netminding consultant. It may have no effect on his Devils role and could be a summer thing, I'm not sure. But the timing with his absence with illness is strange.

Interestingly the guy running the show at Vernal is David Imonti, who is one of the biggest player agents in Europe. We've had a lot of players from him in the past so it might be part of that relationship with him.

I remember in PR's initial interview back in the summer, he said it's him and Euan for pre season then 'they will become a 3'. We hired Horn half way through last year, I assumed we would do the same again but it's getting quite late in the day to do that now.

kingmo19.1

I'm surprised we haven't heard anything about Euan King joining the Vernal Oilers in the US as a netminding consultant. It may have no effect on his Devils role and could be a summer thing, I'm not sure. But the timing with his absence with illness is strange.

Interestingly the guy running the show at Vernal is David Imonti, who is one of the biggest player agents in Europe. We've had a lot of players from him in the past so it might be part of that relationship with him.

I remember in PR's initial interview back in the summer, he said it's him and Euan for pre season then 'they will become a 3'. We hired Horn half way through last year, I assumed we would do the same again but it's getting quite late in the day to do that now.
Normally a consultant role is simply watching and advising on local talent which I presume his brief being the U.K. doesn’t explain the absence though.